PDA

View Full Version : Be Warned!

stuart
09-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Changes to the Road Safety Bill as announced in this years Queens speech to Parliament.

"Some of you may be aware that a bill banning Laser and Radar detection systems is due to be passed before the next General Election in the first half of next year.
Cyclops have been aware that Laser/Radar detectors would be banned for some time to bring the UK into line with mainland Europe. For this reason no Radar or Laser detection systems have been included in the CYCLOPS product and it is entirely dependant on GPS detection and its own database of locations.
We have confirmation that CYCLOPS will remain legal after this Act is passed."

There will only be a few systems available that meet this criteria;) so be warned before parting with your hard earned cash!

Stuart

Pantalaimon
10-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Hi,

This may just be me, but how do the detection things actually work? Am I correct that they tell you when you're approaching a speed camera or speed trap?

Now you may think this a little controversial but here goes.

Not to be a party pooper, but if you've got one of those, isn't that a bit like putting a guy on lookout while you rob a bank? :dunno:

I think that speed limits on motorways should be upped to 80mph, but let's be honest-if you're doing 45 in a 30 zone, aren't you playing with fire?

Just a thought ;)

Charl

stuart
10-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Hi,

This may just be me, but how do the detection things actually work? Am I correct that they tell you when you're approaching a speed camera or speed trap?

Now you may think this a little controversial but here goes.

Not to be a party pooper, but if you've got one of those, isn't that a bit like putting a guy on lookout while you rob a bank? :dunno:

I think that speed limits on motorways should be upped to 80mph, but let's be honest-if you're doing 45 in a 30 zone, aren't you playing with fire?

Just a thought ;)

Charl
Hi

They tell you when you approach a speed camera, by detecting either the laser or radar they use, or in the case of GPS, all the locations of fixed cameras are programmed in the unit.

I think that almost all of us "break the law" regarding speed limits at some time or another, as I do;), and agree that motorway speed limits should be increased.

One area I do think they are good, is accident blackspots, and schools, they will warn you of these areas, when they may or may not be clearly visable.

Stuart

stuart
20-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Here is the "official" amendment

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pns/displaypn.cgi?pn_id=2004_0153

Item 6.

Stuart