PDA

View Full Version : Keys

silvamrk4
20-11-2007, 03:36 PM
ok here is the situation i need help with......................I brought a Golf Mrk 4 and although it has central locking it is not remote. I have found a flip VW Key with a remote and want to know if i can some how retune this remote to use it one my own car and is the flip key and be replaced with one that unlocked my car.

love_my_golf
25-11-2007, 06:18 PM
you can find programming guides on ebay for about 50p. its the immobiliser chip you might have the problem with. if you take apart your keys there is a small "stick" that looks like a tiny fuse, if you take that out of your original key and pop it in your flip key that should sort out your immobilser chip (this goes in the top half of your flip key by the way). i did this when i bought a replacement flip key after breaking mine, only i put the original circuit board in the new key so no programming needed.

silvamrk4
25-11-2007, 10:43 PM
thanx for the information but i am stillnon the wiser.

The flip key i have i found and is not for my vehicle. So i want to know how i would go about changing the actual key so it will fit in my locks and also as it is remote programm it so it can remote my cenntral locking.

Apologies if the information is not making much sense to me i am new to the whole car scene.