PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Stablisation

fizzwitch
19-11-2007, 08:03 PM
The warning light for electronic stabilisation and also abs has come on today - can't find anything about it in the manual - looked the symbol up on the web! Is anyone able to tell me what electronic stablisation is - it sounds pretty important! Thanks

Crasher
19-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Hello and welcome. The symbol is for ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and is a system within the ABS that can operate individual brake calipers according to inputs from various sensors on the car and so stabilise the car in difficult situations. You should take the car to a garage with fault code reading equipment so they can interrogate the ABS system to see what fault codes are stored. Get a printed copy of the results so you can post them on here if you require some more advice.

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/tools/glossary/safety/electronic_stabilization_program.html

mad-for-tar
19-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I have heard of a common failure being the brake pressure switch in the master cylinder, which monitors the pressure in the fluid when you apply the brakes. I would suspect this has packed up. Not hard to fix really.

HTH