PDA

View Full Version : Injector Problems

A6 Simmo
13-09-2006, 02:04 AM
I own a A6 1.9TDI (2001) and have only had it 7 months and already appear to be running into some strange problems.

The fault started around one month ago when the car started to judder at around 3000 revs? No fault lights and you could easily accelerate through it.

1 week later the juddering got worse and the abs/traction control light came on. It was that bad that i had to pull over and switch the engine off. When i restarted the engine it ran perfectly and showed no faults?

The intermittent fault carried on like that for a few weeks. Now the fault has moved on and it appears every time you start the car when its cold ( parked for over 4/5 hours). The car only runs on 3 cylinders and the ABS / Traction control light comes. I have to drive the car like this for about 4 miles (until warm) then restart the engine, again it then runs perfectly??

The fault code shows a fault on injector 2....Im a bit reluctant to replace it though as im not convinced. Why would an injector need the engine to be restarted to make it run correctly? and it also confuses me the way the fault has changed its characters...HELP PLEASE :zx11: