PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Cars?

james_tiger_woo
19-11-2007, 09:36 AM
I've read that next year there's likely to be a glut of Fleet VW Passats being dumped onto the market as it'll be 3 years since the Passat came out - Does anyone know how much truth there is in this?

carl s
19-11-2007, 11:02 AM
There won't be a sudden rush of cars 3 years after the car was launched, afterall everyone who bought a car in 2004 didn't buy them all on the same day did they?

What will happen is the supply of ex-company Passats will start appearing on the market over the next year or so.

If there is an increase in used stock it's likely to be in models like the 2.0 TDI 'S' or 'SE' saloons. which is more traditional company car fodder.

gazza007
19-11-2007, 01:06 PM
The reason I got mine last Aug, slightly earlier than I planned was that VW had a load of nearly new 12 month old fleet cars that they owned. They had been passed on to the VW dealers at a reduced price & some the dealers were passing on the savings to the customers. All the Passat Estates were mainly 2.0 TDi S with DSG and the reg's were all XPD/E/G etc when I did a UK search. Ideally I wanted an SE but I negotiated a price of £14K with 15K miles. Even now looking at the on-line valuations I could Px for more than I paid & would sell for nearly 16K. So it may be worth waiting to see if the same happens again this August.