PDA

View Full Version : Integrated child seats?

TallPaul
18-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi all

First post here and I'm asking a question already...:o

I'm going for a 2.0TDI Sport Estate as a company car and am wondering if I should add the integrated child seats as an option?

DOes anyone have experience of them? Are they a worthwhile addition at £300+?

Cheers for any help...

Paul

orangezorki
19-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Well, firstly, do you have kids?

But seriously, If I did, I'd consider getting them. I hear that having proper seats is a legal responsibility now. Now, I've only starting using a PDA (though goodness knows I've spent at least a thousand on them) since it has been one and the same as my mobile. In the same way, having a necessity as a seamlessly integrated solution will stop you forgetting or not bothering. More safety, less fines.

David.

tommyweaves
19-11-2007, 06:55 PM
My child seat solution for what it's worth:

I got a Britax Isofix Duo for about £130 from Kiddicare in Peterborough. Because it's Isofix it attaches to the chassis and is as solid as a built-in seat. I can also take it out really easily and let the wife fit it in her Clio using the seatbelt.

It takes about 3 seconds to remove from the car and stick in the boot if you need to get lots of adults in the back!

A top solution for us that's worked really well, and it means I can move it to a new car if need be.

twvw
30-11-2007, 11:23 AM
The Isofix system is wonderful. So secure and installation very quick and more or less foolproof. I now shudder at the thought of the way my old car seat was held in place! I also got my Britax Isofix Duo from Kiddicare. It is the same seat as sold by VW under the Bugsy label but considerably cheaper! By the way this seat can also be used in cars without Isofix.

james_tiger_woo
30-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Isofix is the way forward - these can then be transferred to any other car. What if you have to get a courtesy car in the event of a service/repair/accident - the Isofix seat is transferrable...

And, when you're done with the seats, you can then sell them on. (I know that selling on car seats is not entirely reccomended, but if they're being bought by someone who knows you or the seat hasn't been damaged in any way, then it's not all that bad IMO)

andy1971
08-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm not really adding any value here, but I too have an ISOFIX seat for one of my kids, which cost me about £130 from Mothercare.
Absolutely brilliant, not only in terms of safety, but in ease of use. Simply plug in and go.