PDA

View Full Version : passat juddering like mad!

man_utd_99
18-11-2007, 05:08 PM
hi, im new here but have been here to find problems for my passat previously, it was the cv joint and a split boot that was the problem before! so i know im in good hands!

anyway recently my much loved tdi pd 130 sport passat when pushed slightly to about 3000rpm judders and there is a slight nudge, and this carries on through the rev range and still carrys on and yet still judders at idle revs. :confused:

i was just wondering if any of you have any solutions to this at all if any of you have had the same problem as it is driving me insane, i cannot drive my passat properly and have to keep it below 3000rpm for it to be "normal" with no juddering

cheers

man_utd_99

man_utd_99
18-11-2007, 08:30 PM
erm....ive had it VAG-COM'd by a guy and he says its the 1st cylinder 1st injector and he expects me to be forking out alot to get it replaced, i was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem before i fork out about £250 for it to be bought and fitted

and if this was indeed the fault

cheers

man_utd_99
22-11-2007, 08:30 PM
finally got it fixed it was the wiring loom afterall! got the answer after reading another thread on this site.

can i also ask please:

if i could add stuff to the tank like millers diesel power sport 4 and would it help the car in anyway?! its done 80k and i was just wanting to clean it up throughly, as ive got it fixed and it has been standing for 2 weeks, would it help me in anyway?

cheers

face2face2-
19-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi,

Would like to know, if the wiring loom issue would show up on Vag-com? No error codes were visible witht he diagnostics.

Well, a little history about my car, it is is juddering alot when on idle. MAF has been replaced. I disconnected the EGR, now it accelerates as before, but still the juddering is there and white smoke is also there but not as much as before. although for the last couple of days, no smoke is visible when the car is started in the morning (after disconnectng egr).

It seems like the rocker cover seal was not fitted properly, after the timing belt change, so it has been seeping out oil, would like to know, if this oil going around the engine affect the glow plugs or injectors?

man_utd_99
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
hi, im not very experienced with the engine itself, i just drive it! well what was wrong with mine was the traction control light came on, and the car started to judder and not pick up speed over reought 2500-3000 rpm.

from what ive read it was in "limp mode" from what i gather and just changing the wiring loom did help, ordered from vw themselves.

i dont think it would come up on vag-com itself but if your car's problems are similar to that then i reccomend getting the wiring loom replaced. The car has been fine since.

cheers
man_utd_99

face2face2-
03-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi, Thanks for the response. The traction control light doesnt come one. One thing ive noticed is that there is a mechanical sound and does increase when the revs rise. The noise starts before the turbo even kicks in.....so its definatly not the turbo.
Am going to try and take the car apart when the sun eventually comes out.

ROYKEANE
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
man utd 99,

why not try some good old diesel redex,i use it every time i fill my polo tdi pd sport up,i give it a good old slug.cant say wether it makes any difference as i get awaesome mpg,saying that..its only used at weekends.

try it.

roy

face2face2-
28-04-2008, 12:49 AM
hi again, sorry about the late reply. Ive been driving the car around for a while, well thrashing it slightly, but doesnt seem to be getting any better. Any other ideas? There are no fault codes being thrown back either.. I will check the wiring loom etc and will let you know.

man_utd_99
23-05-2008, 11:19 PM
just thought id reply, since fitting the wiring loom, the cars been fine

and by the way ROYKEANE i do use all injeector cleaners and the redex every cuple of fill-ups so it wont be any clogging up....though i have been gettin round 45-48 mpg which wasnt as gudd as wen i bought it :zx11: not very impressed....im thinkink of moving onto wither a passat tdi sport new shape or an a6.... but not made my mind up yet! oh and also.... wat a great match that was against chelseaand

and back to the car....the cars been fine!! still a great joy to drive

cheers
man_utd_99

Mike McKinstry
24-05-2008, 07:58 PM
face 2 face-i had same loom fault causing intermittent misfire and this did show on vagcom as misfire cylinder1-
the injector loom runs through the head and can start to break down with oil contamination and heat.this can be purchased for about £35 from VW and fitted with head etc all in situ-slides in the back.

if you defo have a misfire this is most likely cause-certainly do not change injectors until loom has been replaced.

regards,
mike

face2face2-
28-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks All,

Ive picked up a wiring loom, will attempt to replace it now.. wish me luck :D

man_utd_99
05-06-2008, 09:14 AM
lets see how u get on....it worked for me and yeh i did the diagnostics and it came up with the misfire in cylinder1 too....so gud luck :D

Mike McKinstry
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
face2face2,

Any resolution to your problem?

Mike

Tezza2
25-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi, was the loom easy to change?
My 05 Passat sport tdi pd estate has a soft misfire, between 1500-2000rpm!

No fault codes show up!

The mass air flow has been changed, along with the coolant temperature sensor, fuel filter and air filter, and the misfire is still there

man_utd_99
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
the loom got replaced by a mechanic and was done the same day i gave it to him, so im assuming not. has it solved the problem?

man_utd_99
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
sorry, im assuming it WAS easy to change. hope this helps you guys. by the way, my car has been perfect since, and no problems as of yet (and for a long while too i hope!)