PDA

View Full Version : Long Service interval

DaveTT09
18-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Purchased my 02 Audi TT in Feb this year and two weeks ago thought that my miles to service was 1700 miles. Then last week had a warning that it was now due in 700 miles and two days later it was stating 400. Is something wrong? Have checked but no warnings are being diplayed no running through the checks from the dash?

mad-for-tar
18-11-2007, 05:25 PM
IIRC, the long life service bases itself on driving style, quality of the oil (via a sensor fitted in the sump I think) and maybe one or two more factors. This will cause the service interval to change, sometimes beyond normal logic. Just my 2p worth.

HTH

mluton
18-11-2007, 05:46 PM
IIRC, the long life service bases itself on driving style, quality of the oil (via a sensor fitted in the sump I think) and maybe one or two more factors. This will cause the service interval to change, sometimes beyond normal logic. Just my 2p worth.

HTH
As above, the driving style changes the distance.

DaveTT09
19-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for this. I had checked the oil yesterday and it was requiring a top up which I did using Local Audi Garage's recommended type. Just wanted to check that nothing was going wrong. Will be serviced soon anyway but will keep an eye no any further jumps.