PDA

View Full Version : vw passat dti diesel s reg battery getting drained overnight

andycampers
17-11-2007, 08:32 PM
hi i have just bought a passat 1.9 dti diesel s reg .it starts first time runs ok but if i leave the battery connected to the car overnight it goes completly flat. the battery is fine have checked it myself . i am a mechanic so drop tested it its ok. i have tried everything but to no avail. i think it may be ecu related but i hope not. it goes completly flat if i lock the car or not. there are no lights being left on checked the usual boot light etc .radio not being left on.when i connect the battery up there is a very slight spark at the terminal even though everything is turned off.as i connect the battery up there is a solenoid clicking on inside the diesel pump then after a few seconds it clicks off battery still connected up. if i turn on the ignition on it will fire up and run ok.but when i turn the ignition off the engine stops as it should. however when i disconnect the battery terminal i can hear the diesel pump make a slight click and there is very slight spark at battery terminal.if i then connect it back up to battery it will click back on at pump then a few seconds later it will click off. if i leave the battery connected now it wont go flat . but if i turn ignition on then off and leave battery connected overnight it will be completly flat next day not even a volt. a fellow mechanic suggested removing the carpet on passenger side of car and completly drying it out .i have done all this but still the mystery remains.can anybody suggest anything that may help thanks andy

Ben
17-11-2007, 08:41 PM
you wasted an awful lot of time typing that all out and its in the wrong section.

if you read the info properly you will find that it will probably get deleted.

"Registration Issues & Forum Improvement Suggestions ONLY!!! Use this to offer your suggestions on what should, or should not be included in the forum. This can also be used to notify the administration of any problems you have with the website and forum...This section allows non registered members to post, if you are having registration problems etc......NOTE: Posts - other than forum or website related questions will be deleted! this is not the area to ask questions of any other subject, PLEASE register and post in the correct section!!"

try registering and dropping the post in the correct passat section.;)

nevermind eh.

andycampers
17-11-2007, 08:43 PM
you wasted an awful lot of time typing that all out and its in the wrong section.

if you read the info properly you will find that it will probably get deleted.

try registering and dropping the post in the correct passat section.

nevermind eh.
ok but i dont know how to do it

Ben
17-11-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/register.php

try that.

i registered ages ago so i hope its the right place.

its a painless process and quick

also do a quick copy and paste of your text to save your fingers.

clint
18-11-2007, 08:47 PM
get a mutimeter and check the current drain to see how much is being pulled from the battery,you can then try and isolate which circuit is the culprit by removing fuses etc