PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6(c4) 2,5 TDI

Leo__
17-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello,

First topic on site... finally decided to join after a long period of being a guest...

I have an 1997 Audi A6 (c4), 2,5 TDi, AAT, 115+ hp (some mods).
I want to upgrade my turbo (k14) or find a hybrid.

I have searched a lot on the www but haven't found any satisfactory answers or a conclusive setup.

Help... :))

adamss24
17-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Dont do it ! All you need to do is get an ECU + nozzles from the 140 Bhp AEL/140 Bhp engine and possibly the 6 speed g'box as well...they will put a big smile on your face !

Leo__
18-11-2007, 02:17 AM
:) allready done that... 115+ bhp... it has put a smile on my face allready 1 year ago :) ... but time passed.
I have chip tuning (modified from the ael software) and 0.240mm nozzles (not from the ael), 1 - 1.1 boost (1.5 overboost) on raid turbo boost gauge and also a lot of smoke.
With the nastiest chip (I have 3 versions) i smoke chiped 1.9 tdi 131+ bhp Passats (which is ok but not enough).

P.S. I know i am trying to tune up a '97 Audi c4:o... but it's all i got :Blush2:

adamss24
18-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Then, you will have to get a custom hybrid turbocharger as there are verry few wastegated turbochargers that will fit with little mods on that motor/manifold ! If you had allready replaced the ECU and nozzles with the ones from AEL engine + the tunning chip, you should be running over 170 Bhp- verry impressive for an old girl ! There is a chap on ebay that sells a modified wastegated KKK turbo for about 300 squid but you will be limited by the ammount of boost the ECU sees from the MAP sensor... There were a few guys that put big VNT 20 on this engine but not without issues. Do a search on www.tdiforum.com and see what the americans done to extract more power from the 5 pots engine, they have fitted that in a lot of vanagons ! What about a bigger front mounted intercooler ?

Leo__
26-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Thx for your reply

I would say I am close to 170 bhp and it is quite impressive, but not enough for me.
I don't have the ECU and nozzles from the AEL. I have bigger nozzles bought on the net (0.240mm) and custom made chip based on the AEL.
I also think I need a bigger fuel pump...:confused:
Unfortunately I am still looking for a bigger turbo for my car and still haven't found any match or hybrid.
I am limited by the fact that I need a wastegated turbo (at least this is what I think) that would fit without any major mods. I have in plan a bigger fmic but without turbo I don't think it would bring me much benefit. :(

Still searching on forums... Any help is much needed...:biglaugh:

tut_gareth
27-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Are you still running the standard exhaust?

as i'm thinking about removing the first silencer boxes on my AEL to see if that improves the power.

Leo__
27-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Still standard exhaust pipes, but only the final silencer left. I thought removing the cat (after 10 years of smoke) would improve flow... Haven't felt any major improvement, just added a little more smoke :o at the much existing smoke.
Didn't go on sport exhaust because I don't think it would bring much at all. Maybe a good downpipe would improve something.

Leo__
22-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I found someone who can make a hybrid from a kkk k14, for $825 if i send him a sh k14. Has anyone any experince with rebuild turbos? is a rebuild turbo durable?

tut_gareth
22-01-2008, 04:23 PM
not had problems with rebuilt turbo's before.

who is this guy and what does he do to make them hybrid?

Leo__
22-01-2008, 05:07 PM
http://www.034motorsport.com/
just asked him and he said he can make a hybrid based on the kkk k14 hot side (in order not to modify the mainfold). i think it would be his first, normally they do not have diesel applications.

tut_gareth
25-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Good website. it could be done.

Germany must have sometuning bits for these engines too.

I wonder if that FMIC setup for the UR S6 would be an improvement?

Leo__
25-01-2008, 12:32 AM
not without a bigger turbo...

jubbly
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Can I ask a question on this?

I went to the chip n spin rolling road day yesterday and when I got there they told me the AEL couldn't be chip tunned as it had a mechanical pump, All they did was increase the pump pressure to give me 166 bhp and 50Lbs more tourqe.

Yet I have seen on ebay.de ECU for the AEL engine for 175PS thus implying that they are indead chip tuneable!

which is correct?

tut_gareth
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
interesting....

i spoke to the chip 'n' spin guy a while ago and he said that the AEL could be remapped quite easily to give a 45bhp increase.....

jubbly
12-02-2008, 10:26 AM
interesting....

i spoke to the chip 'n' spin guy a while ago and he said that the AEL could be remapped quite easily to give a 45bhp increase.....

Yeah I asked to before I went and that was the reply I was given.

Though when I turned up they said they had never done one before and didn't even know where the ecu was.

Mark was organising and jase an the guys from chipped uk were doing the work, they said as it was a mechanical pump it wouldn't chip.

Though he increased the presure on the pump but my mpg has fallen to low 30's now from high 30's

Leo__
12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Haven't heard anything about not beeing able to chip an AAT, and i think it is the same with AEL's. Also i don't think there is a chip that would give you 45 hp on AEL (meaning 188 hp...). 30 hp is more plausible. as far as i know the pump is mechanical.
the ecu is under the carpet on the right side (under the passengers feet) and it has 2 chips, one turbo one injection (roughly)... UPS... on the right side on my car... there also are cars with right side steering wheel...
my mpg: city - 30, highway - 41 (imperial gallon)