PDA

View Full Version : Door Speakers

vdubjord
17-11-2007, 03:06 PM
:biglaugh:HI THER. JUST GOT SOME NEW DOOR SPEAKERS FOR MY MK4 GOLF AND WAS WOUNDERING IF I COULD HAVE BIT OF INFO ON TAKING THE DOOR CARDS OFF, DONT WANT TO BREAK ANYTHING YOU SEE!
JUST INSTRUCTIONS ON TAKING THE CARDS OF , WOULD BE GREAT THANKS THINK I WILL MANNAGE FITTING THE SPEAKERS:1zhelp:

Spinks7
18-11-2007, 04:05 PM
i have took mine off a couple of weeks bak, quite easy.
the inside of your handle comes apart, get a flat bladed screw driver and part it away then u will be left wiv the door handle but not the cover 4 it. take all 5 screws out 3 are small and the other 2 are bigger. then should be able 2 take the interior handle off now.

then take 3 or 2 screws out from the bottom of the door card if its back door cards there is only 2 but if front then theres 3. they are torque 20 (t20) star shaped.

if is front door cards there is another screw u will c it when door open and it is near the mirrors

then get something that is flat and put it between the door card and the door itself, (i started on the bottom left) and push the door card away from the door, you may hear some cracking its only the clips, once you have got one off the should be able 2 do it with your hands just by pulling the door card away from door, the clips are down both sides of the door.
the just get either side of the door card near the top and pull up wards so it comes out of the top channel.

door card should be free. you will nead to take the door handle cable off and also the electric plug for the electric windows.

you will need to drill old spearkers out because there are held in by 4 rivvets. let me no how it goes.

vdubjord
21-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for that. big help. when get time and some DRY weather i will get it sorted and will let you know how i get on.