PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk5 blower problem

aerofish
17-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi.
I have just started having a problem.
My blowers stop blowing air in any direction after about 10 mins.
If i go back to the car after a while the air flow returns and then stops again after a while.
This is on all speeds and directions. It still makes all the sounds of the blower working just no air???

Any ideas appriciated.
:D
VW Golf MK5 Air Conditioning, 'Climatic' semi-automatic control

tstallan
03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi Aerofish,

Did you resolve this problem or find the cause. The same thing is happening to my Golf Mk5

Regards

Tony

A.R.G
11-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi Aerofish & Tstallean,
This sounds like a sensor failure to me .....the standard Golf heating/AC system contains about 6 sensors through out the system , if one fails the fan works ok for a short while if in AC mode (approx 20-30 mins on mine when it was faulty) then gradually slows until no air comes through the ducts ,but the fan can still be heard running.
If you have the AC running and the fan shuts down , try turning off AC the see if fan function returns to normal after a short while, if it does most probably a sensor... hope this helps ?

tstallan
11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi A.R.G.

That sounds just like mine. By chance do you know what sensor it was.

Also out of interest if the fan is blowing why is nothing coming out of the vents.

Thanks

Tony

A.R.G
11-01-2012, 08:05 PM
No, sorry I didn't know which sensor it was ....the dealership put it on the diagnostics to find out which one ? it was done under warranty
The service dept. said the reason the fan stops working was the sensor was saying the temp was 30 deg so the fan diverts to prevent you overheating so no flow through the vents but you can still hear it running !
From what i can remember the Tech. saying there are 6 ...1 in each outer vent area , 1 center, 2 floor and the last i think he said is top of the dash area ..at least that what i think was said !!
I don't know how old your car is ,but if you have FSH you could see if you can get a consideration from VW as i believe these go wrong quite frequently from chatting with the Tech once out of the showroom, one of mine when out of warranty by about 6mths was given 50% off parts and labour.

tstallan
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi A.R.G,

My wife took it into the VW garage today while the problem was happening and sure enough he said it was probably a sensor.

Apparently he reset the sensors and it started to work again. We shall see how long that lasts for but it seems you are bang on with your advice.

Many thanks

Tony