PDA

View Full Version : 2006 polo tdi air con

poisonousviper
10-09-2006, 06:57 AM
hello from australia
ive had my polo for 5 moths and its been back to the dealer 4 times to fix the air con
the problem is when sitting at the lights the air con gas escapes,ive look under the bonnet and the thermo fans are not running while the aircon is on.ive had 3 compressors fitted and they do the same thing
please help

stuart
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I would try another dealer :(

If it keeps loosing gas, then there MUST be a leak in the system. Any ac specilist checking this, could use nitrogen gas to pressurise the system, if the pressure they set this at drops over a short period of time, this confirms a leak. An alternative is to mix a UV dye with the oil in the system, this is then run for a period of time, then all joints etc are checke using a UV lamp, this again will comfirm a leak.

Have they done a leak test? if not, ask them why not? I would have expected this to be done first.

Stuart

poisonousviper
13-09-2006, 12:07 AM
thanks stuart
but the actual problem has been the compressor keeps blowing its seals.ive just had the fourth one fitted last week and they also replaced the fan control unit.
regards
craig
I would try another dealer :(

If it keeps loosing gas, then there MUST be a leak in the system. Any ac specilist checking this, could use nitrogen gas to pressurise the system, if the pressure they set this at drops over a short period of time, this confirms a leak. An alternative is to mix a UV dye with the oil in the system, this is then run for a period of time, then all joints etc are checke using a UV lamp, this again will comfirm a leak.

Have they done a leak test? if not, ask them why not? I would have expected this to be done first.

Stuart

Vagnum
19-09-2006, 11:55 AM
thanks stuart
but the actual problem has been the compressor keeps blowing its seals.ive just had the fourth one fitted last week and they also replaced the fan control unit.
regards
craig

if the fan's are not running then the system will over heat as the gas is forced through the restrictor valve (Liquid to gas). The pressure is directly related to the temperature ( Boyles gas Laws) the gas will escape via the easiest route namely the seal at the pressure valve mounted to the compressor. Take the vehicle to a good VW dealer and have it diagnosed correctly.:approve: