PDA

View Full Version : LHD fog light

scootermap
16-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi there has anyone changed the side the fog light is on for a uk mot.
Any advise welcome.I think I have found some reasonable headlights and now have to deal also with the speedo.Sometimes we in England can be too different to our euro brothers,who cares about KM or miles but it seems the registeration process does.
thanks
Graham.

hagis
16-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't think they check the fog lights on the MOT. I had one out on my Pug when it was MOT'd a few years back and the bloke said they weren't tested.

Sam
16-11-2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.ukmot.com/1-1.asp

According to the above the only lights required are front full/side/head and rear/stop/signal and fog.

Speedometer isn't tested in the MOT.

RickT
16-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Speedometer isn't tested in the MOT.

The speedometer is not tested... however.. if its a KM speedo you need the MPH template or markers to show the speed in MPH for the MOT..

Unlike the UK cars which display MPH & KM, the KM speedos don't display the MPH..

Its pretty simple to do if you can remove the cluster..

In regards to the cluster... the rear clusters have a bulb socket on each side for the fogs.. in the UK cars only the right hand side is wired up... i think (don't hold me on this!) but the wiring is already in place.. all you need to do is place a connector on the end or hard wire to the socket on the cluster and / or break the wire on the other side...

I would look at the side which is working.. see which wire it is and then try to locate on the side you need and then just get a multi meter and check if its live..

Rick

Rick

scootermap
20-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I removed both the clusters and took a live from the left fog position to the right one,all working fine,only my warning on the computer will think it is the left fog that is out and not teh right.