PDA

View Full Version : Temperature guage reading

estartit
15-11-2007, 09:31 PM
My temperature guage start at 60 degrees when ignition is switched on??? then when car is up up to running temperature it reads 120 degrees. NO warning lights or signals come on.Car runs great is this a fault or what??? anybody any ideas.:confused: AUDI TT 2002 180 bhp quatro.

PendlePerforman
25-11-2007, 03:54 PM
My temperature guage start at 60 degrees when ignition is switched on??? then when car is up up to running temperature it reads 120 degrees. NO warning lights or signals come on.Car runs great is this a fault or what??? anybody any ideas.:confused: AUDI TT 2002 180 bhp quatro.

You have a Dashpod failure which is common on the Audi TT's.
If its a UK Car take it to your Audi Maindealership who will replace the dashpod free of charge.

If they try and charge you get in touch with UK Audi Customer Service

Doesn't matter about the age of the car or if its out of warranty.

Regards
Martin

Crasher
25-11-2007, 05:51 PM
It could just be a coolant temp sender; they are more unreliable than the pods. Are they still doing the free pod replacement in your area? My dealer has stopped doing that.

PendlePerforman
25-11-2007, 05:59 PM
It could just be a coolant temp sender; they are more unreliable than the pods. Are they still doing the free pod replacement in your area? My dealer has stopped doing that.

Would put my money on the dashpod. All Dealerships throughout UK will have to offer the same service. Some Dealerships try and get away with not fitting them but a quick call the UK Customer Service will sort them out.