PDA

View Full Version : audi a4 97 avant TDi ICE

mattr23
09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Could some one let me know what size speakers are in the front and rear doors of this model a4?

As this is a 9 year old car they dont sound too nice any more and I am about to fit a new head/cd changer and need to upgrade these speakers to handle the 40w outputs in the sony head.

I had assumed that they were 13cm, however when I saw a photo of one they looked smaller, maybe 10cm?

I would rather not have to take the door apart to find out...

thanks

matt

adamss24
05-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi,

Could some one let me know what size speakers are in the front and rear doors of this model a4?

As this is a 9 year old car they dont sound too nice any more and I am about to fit a new head/cd changer and need to upgrade these speakers to handle the 40w outputs in the sony head.

I had assumed that they were 13cm, however when I saw a photo of one they looked smaller, maybe 10cm?

I would rather not have to take the door apart to find out...

thanks

matt
Hi, Halfords does some plastic speakers adaptors from AUTOLEADS that will let you fit i think 13 cm speakers... All i know the old C4 audi A6(old shape) had 10 cm speakers in the front doors(Nokia) that sounded rubbish ! Now i have a 1998 audi a4 that has the Bose sound system that sounds pretty decent/ of course i ditched the rubbish factory Concert head unit ! The only problem i found is i had to buy an AUTOLEADS interface for Bose amplified units that works ok but it doesnt hold the radio settings when i power off. Anyone has any ideea why ? Did not cut any wires just plug and play.