PDA

View Full Version : radio wont work need help!!

gilky07
15-11-2007, 03:10 PM
my radio stopped working!it worked when the car was on standby but when you switched the car on it went off and lost the time shown on it.now it doesnt work at all.:zx11: i checked the fuses and it wasnt them.i saw another ibiza and the time was shown when swithed on and off! please help if you now anything:1zhelp: thanks!

vwjoe
15-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Is it the original stereo? if it is, maybe you disconnected the battery, replaced fuses or messed with the radio wiring in such a way that power supply was interrupted for a moment. Try dialing in the safety code to make it work again (it is usually in the stereo manual). If it's not the original stereo, then you have to check the power supply wires to make sure they are supplying power to the stereo. Check both of them; the one that is alive at all times, so the time and station memories are kept in the radio, and the one that supplies power when the ignition key is turned to the acc (accesory) position. Use a power tester for this. The bad news is that you have to pull the stereo out of the dashboard to check the connections and wires.