PDA

View Full Version : Seat Alhambra Heater Inoperative

Iluvmybus
15-11-2007, 01:40 PM
hi all!

first of all i am new here, and what a great forum this is!

right down to business, i have a 1999 S reg Seat Alhambra 1.9TDi its an old shape one im told, and recently the front heater has stopped working, nothing intermitent i came home from work with it working, went to the car the next morning and it wouldnt, i have checked the fuses under the steering wheel and found none blown, does anyone have any ideas? or are there any common faults? if anyone can give any advice to point me in the right direction i'd be grateful.

Many Thanks

Brian

Mr OV51LTA
18-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Brian,I too am new here,came looking for answers as to why my 02 SE Tdi has turned into a mobile smoke machine!!!
Looks like I have the 'normal' problem with the auxilliary heater (new glow plug ordered so should have it fixed next week ;) )

When you say heater do you mean the blower has stopped working?? If i'm right i'd hazard a guess that the rheostat (variable resistor) for the blower has gone faulty.

On some cars when these fail you end up with only high speed on the blower,on VW I seem to remember its the main circuit that fails so you get nothing :(.

If this is the fault,replace the resistor pack and all should be cured!!

Maybe someone else can point you in the right direction for locating it,coz its been 7 years since I worked for VW!!!!

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,
Roj

Iluvmybus
19-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Roj

yes its the blower thats not working, ill have a look and see if i can find it i suppose it might be time to go get a manual for it lol

thanks for the pointer

chris m
27-12-2007, 02:49 PM
If you find out where the resistor pack is could you tell me. my blower doesn't work on one and two

milesback
05-01-2008, 11:25 AM
If you find out where the resistor pack is could you tell me. my blower doesn't work on one and two
Hi, resistor pack is behind
lower glove box .

amac12
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Sorry for jumping in on this thread but i have something similar with my alhambra (98 1.9 TDI).

I have the blower working but only blowing cold air no hot air, the heating in the back is working fine.

I have had the thermostat changed and also a new radiator and still no hot air in the front.

Regards amac12

fricosu007j
19-01-2009, 06:36 PM
hello dear owners of .... a faulty alhambra, i have the same problem with the blower, i've changed the TEMPeratureSensor, the little red box with aluminium pins that sits in the compresor, how the problem is .. like yours, when i turn the key to start the engine, the blower runs for 5 - 8 seconds and dies, also the climatronic screen flashes, ive been to the garage and they told me that they don;t know how to solve the problem, so pleasee if you found the solution share it ... i understood that it is a relay that can be changed but ...where is it .. i cannot find any, it should be a double relay ..or something like that ... i'm waiting for a relply ...