PDA

View Full Version : How much is a timing belt for a sharan.........

ziggi
07-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi,

Could anyone tell me how much it will cost to have a new timing belt fitted on our Sharan 1.9 TDI, we live in the yorkshire area.

Also, I have heard that a timing belt kit is needed, does this consist of other belts that will be taken off to get to the timing belt.

Thanks

Ziggi.

P.S, For all you Sharan lovers: I found out that the name Sharan was adopted by VW, from a persian word, meaning carrier of kings....

hartfell
14-09-2006, 05:37 AM
hi,i,ve just had timing belt fitted to my sharan,cost £150 to buy and fit,also had water pump fitted too as this was faulty and timing belt runs the pump,and have heard that water pumps are prone to go,thanks Ian.

ziggi
14-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, it is good to know so now we can get some quotes.

Thanks again.

Ziggi

Smalls
17-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Mine is slightly overdue (97 Sharan Tdi)

I'm based in Yorkshire and have had Richard Alexander (VW dealers) quote just over £280. Does this sound reasonable, or does anyone know of a better deal near the Leeds area?

Also, is it a good idea then to change the water pump at the same time. nothing wrong with mine as far as i know though.

Thanks!

andy e
20-07-2008, 09:49 PM
good idea to change water pump at same time, as it saves a lot of hassle if you have to do it at a later date as timing belt has to come off to change pump. did mine myself but i had all the equipment to do it and the time,(took best part of week working at night) that price is a good price btw:beerchug:see this link http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13685 copy and paste into browser bar

lewis7172
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM
It depends on your engine tensioners my were hydraulic and the timing kit cost £240 got my mate to replace the water pump as he was in there anyways, plus changed filters, oil etc total cost £400

geejayy
05-09-2011, 09:29 PM
hi there,

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?123039-Cambelt-and-servicing-offer-running-throughout-October

this might be of use , i'm tempted but its a faraway for me