PDA

View Full Version : A3 Sportback 2.0TDI DSG S-Line

CocoPops
14-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm considering the above car, anyone got the same spec?

Any thoughts on the 2.0 TDI with the DSG box? (the 170bhp version).

stephenA3
16-11-2007, 09:50 PM
:biglaugh: It's absolutely fantastic once you get used to the sharp brakes.

I'm considering the above car, anyone got the same spec?

Any thoughts on the 2.0 TDI with the DSG box? (the 170bhp version).

prolfe
17-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Thing's you'll love:

The semi-stealth like looks. hmm, it doesn't have a massive spoiler, it doesn't look fast, CHRIST or mighty, it's just gone !! hehe

The Interior look, design and quality. No one builds better interiors - FACT

The Engine, get used to the little lag it can have if you do not drive it correctly and it is phenomenal. It is most useful when overtaking and accelerating on the motorway. 6th gear just pulls and pulls. On a private road it will keep up with a 03 plate Scooby from 90-140.

You'll love smiling daily.

Things you might not love:

The Concert II will not display playlists and track names with the Audi iPod adapter.

The Oil consumption - 1 litre every 7000 miles @ a cost of £14/Litre

The tyre wear if you go too mad, although most powerful front wheel drive cars are like this.

This brings me on to a real contender for something you might not like: The suspension on the S-Line. It's harsh. Take both an S-Line and a Sport out for the day/half day and see the difference - same suspension - different ride. It's down to the wheels. the profile on the 18's make the ride twice as bad as the 17's on the sport.

----------------

What i would say about DSG is:

Driving a DSG gearbox is amazing, the speed in which you can just change gear is like nothing else. That said, have a look round on forums about driving them day to day and about their problems.

If I could of afforded either the DSG Gearbox or Quattro then Quattro would of been the one without a second thought. I had one for the day and it was brilliant. Roundabouts were a dream, and the acceleration off the line was excellent. Just put your foot down and off it goes. No bogging down, it just went.

hmm, seemed to have gone on a bit. Sorry. anyway let us all know.

sus
17-11-2007, 10:29 AM
hi i have a golf 2.0tdi manual the wife wants auto i want manual so the comprmise is DSG, we are looking at A3 sportback do i go tdi,Tfsi or 3.2?

prolfe
18-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Depends on your mileage during the year.

Loads of miles - tdi
Not that many - TFSI

Both better than the 3.2 IMO

sus
18-11-2007, 08:00 PM
only do about 6k a year in the car looking at a 56 plate T FSi and a BMW 320d Msport(auto) new shape, gonna test drive both on wednesday.
why not a 3.2? is it the quattro system?

prolfe
18-11-2007, 08:33 PM
The 3.2 is more expensive to run. The MPG is worse than the TFSI by 10mpg !!

The cost of servicing is £350 more expensive.

The 3.2 is 3 groups higher on insurance at a 18.

It will only hold 38% of its value after three years. against 41% for the TFSI.

Sure it's faster - 6.5 -60 and 155 top speed against the TFSI's 7.1 and 146.

So the TFSI seems the better choice.

Do think about the 170bhp Diesel though.

0-60 with the DSG is the same as the TFSI.
It's servicing is marginally cheaper.
it's mpg is 13-15mpg better that the Petrol.
Insurance is 2 groups lower than the Petrol.
It will retain 44% after 3 years for the S-Line (46% for the Sport)

Depending on how much you're spending you might be able to get a new A3 - I paid £19.6 for mine.

Also they now do a 1.8 TFSI which has the same performance as the Diesel and you might be able to get cheaper, again new.

Also - try a Sport and an S-Line. see what the ride is like.

The BMW is a fantastic class leading car, you might have to get an older one though.

sus
19-11-2007, 06:34 PM
hi top dollar for me to spend is 20k but only really want to spend 19k, the tdi 2.0 would be good as i could keep my Pbox and miltek from the golf but i do fancy the tfsi the firm who mapped my sportvan say they can get it to 255ps so that may well be the one to go for, the 320d M sport BM has had a deposit taken on it so looks like that's gone anyway, i do think the interior is better put together in the Audi, so the search is on

prolfe
20-11-2007, 10:31 AM
hi top dollar for me to spend is 20k but only really want to spend 19k, the tdi 2.0 would be good as i could keep my Pbox and miltek from the golf but i do fancy the tfsi the firm who mapped my sportvan say they can get it to 255ps so that may well be the one to go for, the 320d M sport BM has had a deposit taken on it so looks like that's gone anyway, i do think the interior is better put together in the Audi, so the search is on

Well in that case pop along to Audi and grab yourself a 170 TDi sport for £19,600.

I can vouch for its ability to keep up with a WRX from about 90 to 135, its ability to be quicker than the old TT from 40 to 120, and its ability to be quicker than the old type R from 60 through to 135. All on private land.

It can also be remapped to around 210bhp.

Also - i have just seen a 170 sport on autotrader with 8000 miles for £21k - that is a year old !!

It's only extra was roof rails.

How many other cars increase in value after one year.

sus
20-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Well in that case pop along to Audi and grab yourself a 170 TDi sport for £19,600.
is that for sportback? and how old at which dealer?

prolfe
20-11-2007, 11:58 PM
is that for sportback? and how old at which dealer?

Have a look on www.drivethedeal.co.uk

find the model your after. Print off the quote. hand it in at Audi and get yourself a 57 plate A3.

i paid £19,600 for a brand new unregistered A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi 170 Sport. With no extras. This was from Audi in Bedford, bedfordshire. My car had to be made and took just under 8 long painful weeks. :) but its very worth it.

They offered me some ex-demos but they were more money !! They also tried to get me one from stock that were already registered, but again they were more than i was paying.

IMO the extras that hold the most value and use are:

Bluetooth
Steering Wheel Controls

sus
21-11-2007, 08:59 AM
will look into that thanks

engineermk
21-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Have a look on www.drivethedeal.co.uk (http://www.drivethedeal.co.uk)

find the model your after. Print off the quote. hand it in at Audi and get yourself a 57 plate A3.

i paid £19,600 for a brand new unregistered A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi 170 Sport. With no extras. This was from Audi in Bedford, bedfordshire. My car had to be made and took just under 8 long painful weeks. :) but its very worth it.

They offered me some ex-demos but they were more money !! They also tried to get me one from stock that were already registered, but again they were more than i was paying.

IMO the extras that hold the most value and use are:

Bluetooth
Steering Wheel Controls

I've just ordered a 170TDi sportback for a collegue, estimated delivery date.... April 2008!

As for the bluetooth option; I have it with the steering wheel controls. It's an expensive handfree system and Audi don't do cradles for any decent phones (like my blackberry pearl). The voice dialing is kinda cool thou'.

prolfe
21-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I've just ordered a 170TDi sportback for a collegue, estimated delivery date.... April 2008!

As for the bluetooth option; I have it with the steering wheel controls. It's an expensive handfree system and Audi don't do cradles for any decent phones (like my blackberry pearl). The voice dialing is kinda cool thou'.

Your colleague has great taste

:beerchug:

sus
22-11-2007, 10:27 PM
well after trying a few cars i have bought a BMW X3 3.0 m sport auto, i know its not what i was looking for but went with the wife to look at a 120d msport and this X3 was sat next to it anyway i said that looks nice she loved it so i bought it for her

paul b
23-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Nooooo! You bought a baby BMW, what are you doing!!!