PDA

View Full Version : Sharan TDi water leak.

bxbxbx
06-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi, just bought a mega high miles (but priced accordingly!) VW Sharan 1.9TDi, `99 `T` reg.
The previous owner told me it was losing a small amount of water once a week or so and tonight the water light (part of the temp guage) has started flashing.
He suggested it was leaking water rather than using it and it seems from outside (without looking under the bonnet) that it`s as he says and coming from somewhere around the near side of the engine bay. He thought it was somewhere near a radiator hose, if not the hose itself.
I realise that the best way for me to check was to pop the bonnet after it`s nice and hot and try and see for myself but I just wondered if it was a common fault on the Sharan or the TDi engine?
Any help very gratefully received, thanks in advance.

vw007
24-09-2006, 10:56 PM
hi ive got a high milage sharan 176 thou, one day after purchase it started leaking water from the bottom of the rad/hose i couldnt see from the top but a small drip was coming from the under tray, i brought some leak sealer from partco/unipart the guy swears by it and within 30mins of puting the stuff in leak gone. soz cant remember the name of it. hope this helps

bxbxbx
25-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Many thanks, I`ll give that a go as it`s now losing water like there`s no tomorrow.
Car has done 412,000 miles by the way!

vw007
04-10-2006, 01:43 PM
wow u werent kidding when you said high milage and its still goning well apart from the water leak.