PDA

View Full Version : Battery

Adam_W
14-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I think the battery on my 2000 2.5 TDI Passat has given up.

Its been sat just under a week (aside from moving it across the road once, probably 1 min run time), in the cold.

And it just wouldnt start this morning, waited for the heater and the light took some time to go out, cranked and it was a little slower, cranked for a while and never fired so started again, heater light took a long time to go out then i cranked it over, turned over slowly and i heard a relay start clicking, everything felt like it was too low on juice so i gave up.

I think that since its been sat less than a week its probably the battery.. opinions?

Is there a set way to take the battery off? will i set the alarm off or anything if i just unbolt and remove the battery a stick a new one in?

Whats the size (ah) of the recommended battery?

Cheers

KeithS
14-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Cold weather usually finishes off batteries that are past it...

I just went to Halfords for a replacement. Don't forget that when you replace it you will need the unlock code for your radio (if its the standard VW one).

Adam_W
17-11-2007, 04:17 PM
WOO YAY! Shes back, longest ever battery change for a car that iv owned tho, not in the easiest place to get to, unblocked the drains as well so that'll stop it flooding.

So a new battery from my local vauxhall dealer (was the cheapest i could get as i get trade discount) and shes starting faster than ever, i reckon the old battery had a dead cell or 2.