PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk5 Airbag Light / Module

scooby-golf
13-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi Guy's, I am a newbie on these forums but i am a member on many other forums.

I have a 2004 Mk5 Golf 2.0 GT TDi and it was involved in an accident deploying both drivers and passengers airbags and the nearside seatbelt pre-tensioner. These have all been replaced now and i attempted to have the airbag light reset using the Snap on MT2500 scanner. The Scanner will only read the OBD codes and it will not read the airbag data.

So, I had a spare module i got when i purchased a airbag kit but it is from a 3 door model and mine in a 5 door model. I replaced the module with the replacment module. When i reconnected the Battery and turned on the ignition my dash looked like a christmas tree. Loads of pretty coloured warning lights flashing away.

Do you have to replace the module once an airbag had been deployed or can the module be reset ?

I could not try to reset this module as i had returned the scanner.

Any Advice is most welcomed peeps......

Ben
13-11-2007, 10:41 PM
add your location to your profile so members can see where you are based ish, and someone may offer to help you out with vag com as i'm sure it is possible with this software. it may cost you some beer;)

scooby-golf
13-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi and thanks. I have just registered therefore i have not updated my profile as yet.

Anyways, I am from Birkenhead near Liverpool in Merseyside if anyone is local to me ?

I like the sound of the VAG-Com, Where can i get the free sharewhere from and the data cable from.

Links directly to the websites would be great as i have had a quick search on the net and not found anything as yet.

Cheers, Scooby