PDA

View Full Version : Help please

mickymunn
13-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi all newbie here

Have just been to look at a 04 golf at a Vw garage, looking over it, i really like the car, but one thing was bothering me.
The front passanger door when closed, sat out abit proud, like it wasnt shut properly ( like if you close it gently) just wondered what the problem with this could be and the cause? was told it could be by someone leaning over the door alot when its opened or that the latch on the post where it locks to could of become loose and just need re-aligning?

This was a VW garage and just wondered would they sell a car if it maybe had a major crash or could this be something simple to rectify?

Thanks Guys!

Ben
13-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi all newbie here

Have just been to look at a 04 golf at a Vw garage, looking over it, i really like the car, but one thing was bothering me.
The front passanger door when closed, sat out abit proud, like it wasnt shut properly the latch on the post where it locks to could of become loose and just need re-aligning?
Thanks Guys!

its the latch. I had a similar issue with my drivers door but had it refered to as a slammer unit.

i noticed it as there was a slight gap between the rubber door seal and the roof.

If you buy the car, see that they don't charge you for the adjustment.

oh and drop your location on to your profile so we are not left wondering if its a garage near us.

Finally, welcome to the forum.

mickymunn
13-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Hiya, thanks for the reply, im in northants, the car i was looking at is a 2.0 gt tdi, anything i should look out for?

Ben
13-11-2007, 10:11 PM
does it have the armrest between the front seats?

the radio. if the button to the side of the cd slot says 'mix' then it is single cd 'load' is 6 cd.

the seperate cd changer mounts in the centre armrest.

arm rest and cd changer are optional extras from new.

does it have a tow bar? my own curiosity.

mickymunn
13-11-2007, 11:34 PM
No tow bar, but yeah it does have the 6 cd multichanger in armrest.

Its an 04 plate with 26000 on the clock, parking sensors.

How do the engines run on these? use alot of oil?

Any other info you can think of would be great

Thanks