PDA

View Full Version : a4 2.5 v6 tdi cambelt...... HELP!

cozzy
13-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi people, i was wondering if anyone has had their cambelt changed by a good independant garage. I live in Diss Norfolk.
The car has done 70k now & want to give it a birthday! Audi Norwich has quoted me silly money! (got to pay for that posh new showroom ....!!!!)
I will be using all genuine parts for this operation. Any help will be appreciated.:Blush: Many thanks, Coz.

Crasher
13-11-2007, 11:43 AM
It is a very big job for which you require some special VAG tools such as crank locking pin, cam locking plates, pump locking pin, tensioner setting tool and front panel service position slider pins. Avoid anyone who quotes too cheaply.

mellie
13-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Try auto devotion in norwich. They're in audi's old garage on hall road. They're a clearing house for the all of vag group garages in norwich to put all there older trade in's on sale. Its run by Robinsons. Subsequently they've got vag mechanics working there, think the audi one is a master mechanic. There number is 01603 230060. also got a website just google auto devotion.

There's also Norwich VW Centre (NVWC). They're behind the SEAT garage on the inner ring road next door to gsf.

Don't forget you can try VW/Skoda/SEAT for quotes.

Ive got a mate who's a bmw tech that does work for me, he works with ex audi guys and they've told him not to bother attempting the cambelt change on the 2.5tdi as its a swine of a job. Best to take it too a garage.

Hope that helps.

Phil.

cozzy
14-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your help Phil/Crasher. Going to phone around & see what the people say. Spoken to a couple of people & they agree its a swine of a job !! Will keep you posted on the outcome. Many thanks
Coz.

adamss24
14-11-2007, 07:14 PM
If you came to london one weekend, i could change it for you in couple off hours. Buy a kit from Euro Car Parts(Contitech) or the dealer and a water pump + aux. belts and rollers and i would charge you 120 pounds labour. Its a 4h + job and the coolant will be replaced as well. I have done a few and its quite easy ...getting to it takes time ! Regards, Chris-07841206564.

Ben
14-11-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=81996#post81996

just so you know;)