PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Bkd engine swap problems

Stehad
13-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Hi all,please forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge [emoji15],I have a mk5 golf gt sport 2.0 tdi on a 58 plate.My turbo went last month and damaged the engine (it had done 140k) i bought another engine from eBay that was out of an A3 (bkd) a friend of mine has swapped them over,it’s starts a little reluctantly and ticks over absolutely fine but when he increases revs the oil pressure light comes on.He’s changed the pressure switch with my old one and he’s had a pressure gauge on it showing 4 bar.He said there’s quite a few faults on his snap on diagnostic meter.My question is are the wiring looms exactly the same? The loom on the Audi engine was cut on removal so he’s used the one in mine.He thinks the engine is fine and it maybe an electrical sensor issue? Appreciate any advice [emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crasher
13-06-2020, 03:41 PM
I will start with the stupid question first, the oil pressure sensor is plugged in correctly? A blue/black wire I think.

VAG-Abound
13-06-2020, 03:50 PM
For that type of task I'd get a VCDS cable where you can read all faults fully, view values from various sensors, etc. If you buy 2nd hand you'll be able to sell for about same price after everything is working.

Stehad
13-06-2020, 04:07 PM
My mechanic friend had been to the car today again with a Delphi tester,he found a pin pushed back on one of the plugs that’s cleared all the faults however there’s apparently some tapping at high revs now but it’s starting on key first time and ticking over perfect.Hes thinking maybe an injector problem?
I’m taking it to a garage next week sometime,but my friend says it’s not a big issue now and we’re nearly there with it. Thanks so much for the replies guys

Stehad
13-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Considering I was quoted 1k labour to swap engines I think 250 is brilliant off my mate even if it cost me a couple hundred to sort it now I’m still ok and have an engine that’s only done 70k instead of 140 [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

VAG-Abound
13-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Pleased to hear this worked. I have an AZV Touran that I'm thinking of downsizing into a BKD Golf, Leon, etc with busted engine. More confident now that it can work.

Stehad
13-06-2020, 06:31 PM
So far so good buddy just a few creases to iron out but all’s looking good I’ll let you know how it turns out [emoji1303][emoji1303]