PDA

View Full Version : A5 Headlights

Mick Annick
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi all just got a new A5 3.0TDi so thoguht I'd better join up...

Does anyone know how to set the headlights to dip to the right for travelling in Europe? I travel to France fairly often and am horrified at the prospect of paying out £90.00 a trip to have them changed before and after each trip.

It's a dealer only job (according to the handbook and my local dealer), though as an ex-mechanic I'm more than happy to do it, I've got the bi Xenon ones by the look of it.

Thanks

Mick Annick

RickT
15-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Hello and congrats on the purchase..

i have not had the chance to look under the bonnet of an A5 as yet..

but.. in the past on the Xenons there has been a lever which you pull which swaps them over..

Maybe worh whipping the cover off the back of the headlight and check it out.. (thats if there enought room to do so!)

Rick

Mick Annick
14-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I've heard they just plug in the computer and dip them down a bit - if true, not very satisfactory.

Mick

kenney
14-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi They are programmed for lhd and rhd

Mick Annick
14-12-2007, 12:31 PM
So they'd actually adjust the aim, not just dip them a bit more?

I still think £90 is a bit steep though...

Mick

RickT
26-12-2007, 01:37 AM
just take a roll of black tape with you...

Thats what i did... if any one asks or its dark.. just put a bit on the headlight..

I would not worry.. i have never had an issue.

Rick

RickT
26-12-2007, 01:38 AM
ps.. the front fogs will open the light all over the road.. lOL..

Rick

keithmcm
18-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Does anyone know how to set the headlights to dip to the right for travelling in Europe? I travel to France fairly often and am horrified at the prospect of paying out £90.00 a trip to have them changed before and after each trip.

It's a dealer only job (according to the handbook and my local dealer), though as an ex-mechanic I'm more than happy to do it, I've got the bi Xenon ones by the look of it.

Thanks

Mick Annick

I'm a newbie to the forum and have the same question. Was there a definite solution, other than chucking £90 :( at my local Audi dealer?

TIA

Keith

Oliver22
21-05-2008, 08:24 PM

Thanks

Mick Annick

good taste m8:beerchug:

sorry i dont know how though...

Audi A4 Lover
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a job for VAG-COM......!

hilly10
05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
I used the computer setting for the LHD while in France for Le Man did quite a bit of night driving and had no probs with anybody flashing me on the opposite side. I think the setting adjusts the lights down as oppose to turning them. I have the 2.7 tdi the setting on my car is EXT LIGHTING scroll to last option Touring press to on

2.7 S-line
31-07-2008, 10:51 PM
not sure if its the same in the A5 but in the A4 you can alter xenons from driving on left to driving on right from one of the car set-up menus in the driver display

edit : oops - hadn't read the last post in the thread - so looks like you can set in on the A5 from the set up menus too

a5bhoy
12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I've just got a 2.0T with Xenons. I'm sure there's an option in the MMI to change this. Try under Car > Setup.

Neerazan
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Go into the Exterior Lighting Menu scroll down to Touring and switch to on

R777JBM
13-10-2008, 08:30 AM
You can make your changes in the "car setup" (or something) bottom left hand buttons section next to the gear stick. VAGCOM can also make setting to your lighting setting. For example im about to change my winking DRLs so they dont wink when i indicate... i have a link at home for a full list of VAGCOM settings to make changes to your A5/S5.

passing
18-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Ooops - had not got as far as page 2

according to my handbook the xenon lamps can be switched from the MMI set up. See P58 > headlamp convertor > ON
Halogens - tape is easiest
I don't want to give the impression that I usually read the instruction book - but in this case....