PDA

View Full Version : First Brake Fault

Big G
12-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Morning all

This morning i started the car and it popped up "STOP Brake Fault Service Manual". Once i started driving it went away and has not come back on.

Could this be due to the cold mornings driving the sensors crazy?

Graeme

Baron_Samedi
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Seen that :(

There's even a thread on here about it.

I think it could just be a sensor BUT!!!!

Please check your brake fluid level as I did find mine a bit low, topping it up makes the warning go away....

If you need to top up repeatedly, look for leaks!

Big G
12-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Please check your brake fluid level as I did find mine a bit low, topping it up makes the warning go away....

Cheers mate, i'll pop out at lunch time when its light. It was pitch black at 6am this morning and bloody freezing!

Big G
15-11-2007, 08:37 AM

The message has popped up again this morning. it has not happened since i posted the original question untill today. I may be reading to much into this but i think thats its on cold mornings when it happens. Also when i drive away the message stops and it never comes on when i am driving, just the morngins when the cars being standing on a cold night.

I have checked the brake fluid level and as far as i can tell its ok but its difficuklt to see the liquid through the bottle wall. All the brake pads levels are fine from the outside but i need to check the insude pads to see if there levels are different to the outside.

Do i need my mate to check with VAG COM? Is there anything else i need to check? Do the pads have a level sensor? Should i check this conection along with the ABS sensor?

I'm really confused now and with it being the brakes i'm woried somethings going to go wrong but cant afford the ******** at this time of year.

Baron_Samedi
15-11-2007, 09:14 AM
When I have filled my brake fluid in response to the same warning :( I have had only to add a few egg cups full and I fill until I can see fluid in the neck.

Now, I don't intend this as any form of reassurance for you and your car (please get it checked in the best way you can!!!) but my car displays this message even though I have had it serviced and MOT'd at the main dealer in the last two weeks...

In actual fact, I am beginning to think it may be the clutch cylinder that could be the cause of the problem as I believe (someone tell me if I'm wrong) that the clutch slave cylinder shares the same reservoir as the brakes.

Above all, pleeeeeeese make sure you, yours and everyone else are safe as I am not condoning running around in an unsafe vehicle.