PDA

View Full Version : a4 tdi engine problems

shuggy
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
i have an a4 1.9 tdi 130 /2001 model with a couple of problems thats driving me nuts . first of all i was having a small flat spot when excelerating and a lot of black smoke so i changed the airmas with no change so i have disconected the egr and the car does not smoke nearley as much and no flat spot now .the problems i cant solve is 1 . at around 3000revs the engine suddenley stops reving or accelerating further and the revs slowley die down if i switch the ignition off and back on it clears itself and runs ok for a short while the other problem is when i start the car it fires up but is lumpy and seems not to be running on all cylinders with a vibration coming from the engine feels like an old landrover when you first start it all shudery but when you rev it up a bit it picks up ok coud this be an injector problem causing the second problem
i really hope someone can help as this is going to send me up the wall :mad:

hoggy
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
i have an a4 1.9 tdi 130 /2001 model with a couple of problems thats driving me nuts . first of all i was having a small flat spot when excelerating and a lot of black smoke so i changed the airmas with no change so i have disconected the egr and the car does not smoke nearley as much and no flat spot now .the problems i cant solve is 1 . at around 3000revs the engine suddenley stops reving or accelerating further and the revs slowley die down if i switch the ignition off and back on it clears itself and runs ok for a short while the other problem is when i start the car it fires up but is lumpy and seems not to be running on all cylinders with a vibration coming from the engine feels like an old landrover when you first start it all shudery but when you rev it up a bit it picks up ok coud this be an injector problem causing the second problem
i really hope someone can help as this is going to send me up the wall :mad:
I was going to say poss injector prob would start with a code reader/vagcom see what error codes if any????

arj
30-11-2007, 01:07 PM
i really hope someone can help as this is going to send me up the wall :mad:hi,i am having the same problem with my 51 plate a4 tdi,i had it plugged into the cpu and it turns out to be the number 3 injector is not sending enough fuel through so the other 3 injectors compensate for the fault,this fault will not show on the cpu(as a code)you will need the garage to check all four injectors and the duff one will show.the injectors retail at 270 pounds and 2 and a half hours to fit(by the book to replace all of them)i can get you a second hand one as i have 3 spare BUT i need to find out if they can be coded again.hope i have been some help.regards andrew

shuggy
12-12-2007, 01:03 AM
hi,i am having the same problem with my 51 plate a4 tdi,i had it plugged into the cpu and it turns out to be the number 3 injector is not sending enough fuel through so the other 3 injectors compensate for the fault,this fault will not show on the cpu(as a code)you will need the garage to check all four injectors and the duff one will show.the injectors retail at 270 pounds and 2 and a half hours to fit(by the book to replace all of them)i can get you a second hand one as i have 3 spare BUT i need to find out if they can be coded again.hope i have been some help.regards andrew
hi thanks for the reply i ment to reply ages ago but i have been away working anyway i found out that the turbo is cream crackerd also 2 injectors are us so i priced the parts up and fell to the floor when i was told by my audi dealer the cost of parts only so i thought long and hard and decided to buy a complete engine from a 03 rear end damaged car which cost me £500 comes with turbo/and all other parts so i will have some spare parts like egr valve and alternator etc the engine has only done 51000 so should last a long time fingers crossed going to end up costing around 950 in the end but its a big saving when you consider what audi would take to repair the car thanks shuggy

Marco34
12-12-2007, 10:57 AM
hi thanks for the reply i ment to reply ages ago but i have been away working anyway i found out that the turbo is cream crackerd also 2 injectors are us so i priced the parts up and fell to the floor when i was told by my audi dealer the cost of parts only so i thought long and hard and decided to buy a complete engine from a 03 rear end damaged car which cost me £500 comes with turbo/and all other parts so i will have some spare parts like egr valve and alternator etc the engine has only done 51000 so should last a long time fingers crossed going to end up costing around 950 in the end but its a big saving when you consider what audi would take to repair the car thanks shuggy

A turbo and 2 injectors would cost more £900 to fix from Audi!!! :confused: Blimey, should I change car now just in case!!

Flamin' Joke!!! These cars are supposed to last. Why am I paying more for an Audi, can Audi answer that!! :aargh4: