PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 centre console

Andy8legs
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I recently purhased a low mileage M regd. Audi 80 2.6 v6 and my bulb has gone on the oil temperature guage. How do I get at it to replace it without damaging anything. I have the same problem accessing the rear door o/s speaker for the hifi which appears not to be working is this a door strip down or does the cover unclip? The car is almost as new and I do not wish to damage the interior.:1zhelp:

dolly80
05-09-2006, 06:38 PM
HI
I have just bought a 96 a6, 2.6v6, do u know if the dash is the same as the cars look the same as i also had to replace the bulbs, which was not to bad to do.do u have a trim below the dash if so that un clips reveiling screws that hold the dash in.

Matt

paul20v
19-09-2006, 11:46 AM
hi to peplace bulbs in centre console guages you have to remove the console easy to do remove boot on gear stick the knob turns off the boot is held in with a screw under the plastic cap in front of h/brake lift off it been a while there is screw or screws under gaiter then remove ash tray in rear you will find a 13mm bolt remove and that half comes off over h brake lever pull lever right up and it will slid over it will be tight fit ,it slots out of the front piece of console then the front have just slide out the bit that go forward just go in clips when replacing sorry to go on hope this helps then reverse process ,the door grill are part of the panel that needs removing for access to speaker it not hard either srews are hidden in handle s etc then the panel lifts off on hooks

Andy8legs
26-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Any ideas what type of bulbs I need when I open up the console?

paul20v
27-09-2006, 01:51 PM
hi yeah they are no. 286 which is a standard use number they are 12v 1.2w mini capless bulbs happy hunting

Andy8legs
27-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Cheers for the info.
I really should try and find a workshop manual for this wee beastie, but the Haynes one does not seem to cover the 95 V6 2.6 for some reason.
I am hoping to find an owners manual at some point which may help.
Once again many thanks for your assistance.
One minor crack in the rear bumer to be sprayed and the beastie will be like new, (still has not got to 60,000 on the clock yet!). Which is more than can be said for me!!!:beerchug:

Andy 8legs

paul20v
28-09-2006, 01:22 PM
no problem the thing with haynes is they are to scared to pull good cars apart , info anytime no problem :beerchug: