PDA

View Full Version : Newbolds VW Mansfield, Nottm

john
25-11-2004, 07:40 PM
my car went in for a 40k service with its central locking working on monday. when i went to pick it up the drivers side key lock wouldnt open the car although it would lock it if i opened it from the passenger side. when i asked why the lock was broken i was told it was like it when i dropped it off.

the staff give the impression they are uncaring and didnt listen to me at all.

stuart
25-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi John

First of all, thanks for joining my site;)

If you are 100% sure that the fault has developed whist in the hands of the garage, I would suggest talking to the dealer General Manager, but, although you must be very annoyed, as I would be, go about it in a nice way, not screaming and shouting.

Having worked for main dealers, people that shout get nothing done, if you are willing to discuss your problem, you may get more done. Failing that, if they still will not belive you speak to VAG themselves, and complaimn about the dealer, they do not like there dealers being complained about.

Hope you get sorted soon, but if you know you are right, and they have damaged your car, they must sort it!

Thanks

Stuart

carltonboyce
23-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi there!

My wife and I bought a three-year old Polo TDi from a VW main dealer, Newbolds of Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK.

After only six weeks of owning it it needed new rear brake discs and pads due to excessive corrosion; it also needed a major service. Guess what? Neither Newbolds or VW UK wanted to know, VW UK saying that it was the retailers responsibility and nothing to do with them, and Newbolds refusing to do anything, telling me that I would have to sue them for the money. VW UK eventually offered half of the cost of the brakes, but Newbolds just laughed at me.

They have been the most unhelpful, and aggressive, people that I have ever dealt with.

polo2002
23-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I dealt with Newbolds for 8 years until Nottingham VW took over and had nothing but problems since. Most of the original staff were replaced and we went in for a free service recently and we have one more free service to claim but we won't be returning it's got no life in the site. Even the salesmen don't want to talk to you!:(

sr-performance
24-07-2009, 10:01 PM
sounds like they know how to look after customers so they go away happy and tell people how good they are...
just means you will never spend any of your hard earned with them again...:beerchug: