PDA

View Full Version : Gti Lowering Springs

victorwhiskey
04-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi all,:1zhelp:
I'm new to this site & this has probably been asked before, so I do apologise in advance.

I have a 2001 2.0 Golf GTi and want to lower it 35mm. Can anyone recommend good springs at the right price for the job.

Thanks;)

Vagnum
19-09-2006, 12:47 PM
eibach spring's dude!

victorwhiskey
20-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks mate!!:beerchug:

alot of people are saying the same.

Is it easy enough to do yourself?:confused:

Vagnum
21-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks mate!!:beerchug:

alot of people are saying the same.

Is it easy enough to do yourself?:confused:

the back's are but you'll need a sring clamp for the front, which i have! ;)

Alun
24-09-2006, 10:02 PM
You'll need spring clamps deffo. I got mine for a '94 Golf off the internet from Volksbits.com A top site and all the stuff is quality german parts. Would definatly reccomend giving it a view. On mine for the front, it was a pain in the **** because where the top strut is held in place in the engine bay, I needed to get a socket on it, but then I had to get an allen key in the socket to hold the centre of the damper (don't know what its called) otherwise it was turning the whole thing. Apart from that it's fairly simple and straight forward. When using spring clamps, I had a set of 3. I wouldn't recommend using 1 clamp for 1 spring as it causes alot of stress on the clamp, and if you were to snap a clamp on a compressed spring, well, that could do some serious damage to you or your car because the spring would ping off faster than sh*t off a shovel.

Oh, and the springs fom volksbits were £75

victorwhiskey
25-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!!:Blush:

Got the springs and fitted em over the weekend, dropped it 40mm

Looks and handles great:beerchug:

Sam
25-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Did you do the shocks too, or just the springs?

victorwhiskey
26-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I was told that up to 40mm drop I didnt have to change the shocks, so I didnt, I just changed the springs. I have also reduced the length of the bump stops......