PDA

View Full Version : Efficiency Assist - Speed limit ahead icon

robgr
13-01-2020, 05:35 PM
I have seen Efficiency Assist - Speed limit ahead icon a few times which to me is a useful reminder
However, it doesn't always appear even when I know I'm over the limit (purely in the name of science)
Anyone know in any detail how this warning actually works as I can't understand it from the manual?

El-Cap
13-01-2020, 09:03 PM
If you are referring to the green 30 etc that it displays I think this only appears if you are about to enter a 30 (say from a national limit). It is to warn you of a speed limit change and to lift off early - it’s not an overspeed alert (which I think you can set up separately)

robgr
14-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Thank you El-Cap. I now recall that was indeed case
I do on the odd occassion use the speed warning function but obv. this is a manual setting for the speed
Given all the tech is there any way to get the car to show/warn of the applicable speed limit?
I know the sat-nav shows the max speed limit but I don't always want the sat-nav on
I don't have camera-based traffic sign recognition but assume if I did this might give me what I want

GwynThomas
14-01-2020, 12:45 PM
Hey robgr, I have the traffic sign recognition (which brings with it its own issues) but I only ever see the green speed limit reducing notification (also roundabouts, junctions, down hill stretches, etc) when the efficiency assist is enabled.

From personal experience this will be enabled by default but does not operate if you place the gearbox in Sports mode at any time. I’ve also found that having the gearbox in Sports mode also disables the auto stop/start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El-Cap
14-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Robgr-yes traffic sign recognition is what you would need, which displays the speed limit in the central display behind the steering wheel with a white and red circle.

GwynThomas - interesting Sports mode deactivates the predictive assist - didn’t know that.

GwynThomas
14-01-2020, 03:47 PM
GwynThomas - interesting Sports mode deactivates the predictive assist - didn’t know that.

That’s just my experience. Please don’t take it as gospel but whenever there’s an ‘S’ on my dash I don’t get tapped to take my foot off the go pedal!

El-Cap
14-01-2020, 07:07 PM
I can confirm that if you use the gears manually with the paddles that the Efficiency Assist stuff doesn’t show up. Haven’t tried it with Sport though.

Whilst playing with the paddles I tried the drop down to lowest gear function (by holding in the left paddle) and Its a really handy feature.

GwynThomas
14-01-2020, 07:09 PM
Whilst playing with the paddles I tried the drop down to lowest gear function (by holding in the left paddle) and Its a really handy feature.

Hmm, I haven’t tried that one myself at all. I have used the launch control and surprised some one off the lights the other day [emoji3]