PDA

View Full Version : Can't find CD Cable

mcgowan.b
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi

Have a 98 1.9 TDI SE 110 BHP. Its the B4 prefacelift model.
I've bought a phatbox (as someone recommended here, thanks for that) I've taken the radio out (Concert) and there is a CD changer cable fitted in it already, so yipee i don't need to buy one. Trouble is, I've looked for the other end of the cable in the passenger side of the boot, in beside the jack and the tool kit. I've also looked behind the facia panel where the rest of the wiring for the cars is, but I can't find the other end of the Changer cable is. Could anyone tell me where I would find the cable end other than here, or am I missing something completely obvious here?

Thanks

JPQuattro
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Mine comes out just ahead of the passenger side rear light, just behind rear wheel arch

mluton
10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
There isnt one, Now sell me your Phatbox.

mcgowan.b
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Ha, not so fast

After doing some digging, and practically taking the whole side panel of the car, i found it. For anyone else thats having the same problem it was clipped along the wiring harness for the brake lights, and was sitting down in the void under the access hole.

Sell it? Not just yet.:approve: I'm still waiting on it to come through to me from ebay........ I got lucky and managed to buy it for €225 including postage from ebay. Not bad considering that the are advertised on other places for $800 and €399

I did however find another one here...
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Brand-new-120G-PhatNoise-PhatBox-for-BMW_W0QQitemZ140178029307QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1498QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Starting bid is $500, which equates to around €350

And here.....
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Phatbox-EU-VERSION-20-GB-VW-AUDI-SKODA-SEAT_W0QQitemZ200172131879QQihZ010QQcategoryZ14259 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Its from Germany, so the spec is in german, and I'm crap at it`, but they're flogging it for €399.95

I hope it'll be all its cracked up to be..... P.S careful with ebay. I'm hooked and can't stop buying stuff for my A4