PDA

View Full Version : which fuse???

cookie_monster
04-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me......the lights that appear when you turn the main beams on by the heater controls (like warm, cold, where you want the heat to go ....on your face , by ur feet etc) those dont light up was wondering if any1 knew what fuse i need to change, iv got the pictures on a card by the fuse box however cant figure out which one it is out of the millions ther!
i have a vw golf mk4

any help would be gr8!

cheers
cookie_monster

carelectrician.co.uk
05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi there, the laights you talk about work off the same fuse as the nstrument panel. If that's working then it's probably the bulbs which have failed, quite common. Regards, phil

cookie_monster
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
mite sound a bit stoopid.....but wots the instrument panel? ....and will it cost much to get new bulbs put in if it is that? thnx in advance phil

carelectrician.co.uk
06-09-2006, 08:31 AM
instrument panel is the lump in front of you with a speedometer and fuel guage. changing light bulbs in heater display controls can only be done with heater control panel removed from dashboard, not expensive.:beerchug:

cookie_monster
06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
hey, thats kool then, your help was much appreciated phil!
regard
cookie_monster

yhshah2
23-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Any one got any tips on how to get to the bulbs on the panel as I have undone nearly everything around it and still could not get to them!??

yhshah2
25-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Found out how to do it undo the middle nob and the bulb is right there RESULT!