PDA

View Full Version : 98 Mk3 GSX cut out and starting problem

ruler_70
10-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Ive been having an intermittent problem with my Golf 3.

Sometimes while im driving, the car cuts out and then i have to wait a minute or two before the car starts again.

Other times when i try and start the car the starter turns but the car doesnt start. Again after a few minutes i try again and the car starts.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

HELPMYGOLF
14-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I have a similar problem that suddenly started one day. I don't know much about cars and don't trust any garages!
My car just randomly cuts out normally when the revs are low, so when i dip the clutch.its usually more often when the car is cold but could happen at any point. its pretty dangerous as therees no warning and sometimes happens when im turning a corner (obviosuly losing contol of steering!)
Also another problem which could possibly be connected is the juttering. when I'm acceslerating it's fine, but as soon as I take my foot off the throttle it it tends jump back and forwards.
I have had all the leads changed on the distributor cap and spark plugs etc and it's still the same.
The garage is (i think) taking me for a fool and making out it has something to do with the distributor timing which therefore means that i need the cam belt changing!!! this surely has nothing to dowith my problem??
any one have any ideas what it could be?
Thanks

ruler_70
14-11-2007, 03:45 PM
From the responses that i've received on a couple of forums, ive been told to check the following:

Relay # 30
Fuel Pump
Alarm system

I want to get the relay checked, cause i think it will be the cheapest to get fixed.

Does anyone know where the reley is situated?

hornetcarp
14-11-2007, 08:26 PM
clean out throttle body