PDA

View Full Version : misfiring mk3 golf gti 2.0l 16v

fazzer
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
hi everyone
i hope someone can help me.i have a 1996(p-reg)golf gti 2.0l 16v.the problem i have is as the car warms up it starts to judder,misfire when driving along,if i press the clutch and rev the engine it sounds a bit ropey.this only happens now and then but is starting to happen more regular(used to be once a week,now every day).i have had it plugged into a ecu reader thing and no faults showing or any history.the only thing that was found is a slow reacting o2 sensor. i have replaced the fuel filter,no joy.ive fitted new ht leads and dizzy cap and rotor arm,still no joy.removed the throttle body and gave it a good clean.also found the hose from the block upto the air system(not sure what it is but think it is a breather) had a big tear in it so have replaced it but still no joy.im clean out of ideas so if anyone can help you will be very much appreciated
thanks in advance

carelectrician.co.uk
05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi Fazzer, mk3 golfs are prone to power relay problem, no.30 in relay plate above fuses, also hall sensor pick up in distributor (if fitted with a 3 pin plug). Change relay first. Regards, phil

fazzer
06-09-2006, 07:21 PM
hi
thanks for the info,ive tried the relay and still no joy so will look at the hall sensor.