PDA

View Full Version : New Member considering a Passat B8 4motion?!?

Wobblyburg
08-11-2019, 12:02 AM
Hello all,

I've been perusing the classifieds for several weeks now in search of a practical car, suitable for snowy winters (I'm based on the continent!) and I've set my mined on a 2015+ Passat B8 as the most sensible (wallet friendly) option!

I know VWs reasonably well and I know the B8 from new, However I was hoping you guys & gals would enjoy sharing your experience of ownership and issues to be aware of now these cars are nearing the end of production?

Specifically I'm arranging a viewing this weekend of a nice looking 4motion 2.0 TDi 190hp DSG Estate from July 2016

I'm not familiar with what to look for and test on such a car with 113,ooo miles on the clock?

Any advice greatly appreciated and should all turn out well I look forward to becoming a regular.

Steve

El-Cap
08-11-2019, 03:46 PM
I have a 2016 4motion (although the 240 engine). The only issues we have were the doors creaking when moving. They were realigned and the problem went away. No other problems on the car at all and generally very happy with it. Done a number of journeys to the continent with no issues at all.

Scott K
11-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. With the DSG it's essential that the regular oil changes have been done at the correct intervals. At that mileage it should have had at least 2 and possibly 3 - if it hasn't had 3 then be prepared to have it done soon. There may also be a Haldex oil change due too.