PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo P-Reg Engine Type

topgun007
03-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I bought VW Polo few weeks before and became member of this forum :1zhelp:

Question: Is VW Polo 1.0L P-Reg (Engine: AER) has an Electronic Fuel Injection System or old Carborator System ? If any one know please reply at your earliest as i have to use "Fuel injection or Gas Treatment" to clean the fuel system. Thanks in advance.

Experience:
I had a strange problem in start, some times engine doesnt start even it was started few minutes before. Once i called mechanic then RAC, they reached about after 1 hr, just given a self, it got started. But the last time (3rd time) it wasnt able to start at all. Then mechanic dignosed that its coil and distributor is gone so he replaced both and now its working fine. If any one got same problem then 1st of all check the electronic supply starting from fuse, plugs and distributor, coil. I am posting the experience as in my case few old VWz were saying its always problem with VW fuel system.

Regards

stuart
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi

I belive "AER" to fuel injection :)

Stuart

topgun007
03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks Stuart for the fruitful information.

1) Does any one has experience of using "Gas Treatment / Injector Cleaner" liquids. Whats the correct procedure, do i need to go for a long drive after using it. Also the most important point: once the liquid cleans the fuel system, where does the garbage goes ... does it goes with fuel combustion or stays in fuel filter or .... Do i need to change fuel filter after treatment.

2) Does any one knows the site or have the technical guide / tutorial of VW Polo 1.0L P-Reg - AER with diagrams. So if i want to change any part i can consult before doing something wrong :zx11:

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards