PDA

View Full Version : VW Mobile Phone Cradle - Sorted...here's how>>

LuvWatch
08-11-2007, 10:32 PM
When I bought my Passat FSI Sport demonstrator it had the factory fitted phone preparation (dash board plate
and multifunction steering wheel).

Now I have a new Sony W850i, my wife a W800i - having explored the options of a cradle to fit left me quite frustrated,
as I am sure many other's have as well. My visit to the VW service centre left me confused and annoyed - they could get a
cradle in for the W800i but I would have to pay for it and the phone would need to have specific software on the phone.
I wasn't prepared to pay £115 for a cradle that might not work.

So after some delving on the forum I found a thread that told how you can get the cradle from German ebay for half the price
of those in the UK. Then I considered that I would also like to enjoy handsfree while in the car and remembered I had my old
Nokia 6310.

The plan was to use the Nokia 6310 as the car phone, give the number to all relevant family and friends, so both my wife
and I could use the phone in the car.

A search on ebay found this item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270179235729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

It arrived today and after a bit I manged to get it working, so I am well pleased.

A working handsfree set for £48 ;)

Now you can get other cradles, including those for Sony Ericssons. If you do a search here are some pointers:

put 'handyadapter' in your search (this is what their called in Germany, also add VW and the phone make.
Ensure you have European Union ticked in your Location search.
Make sure the code for the cradle is 3CO O51 435, as I understand other code's do not work in the UK.Hope this helps some of you in need of a cradle.

Also a big thanks to the forum and original poster

Regards
Derek