PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Controller 5 Digit Software Code - VAG COM Pro Version

puzzlefish
08-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Evening every body - basically i asked a small local garage to sort an airbag dash light problem around christmas time, they have installed a new air bag & controller checked cabling etc but never cleared the error light, i get the impression that this was a little beyond them

curious and wanting to learn , i purchased the usb-key general user version of VAG-COM to investigate myself, and can confirm that there are no error codes on the air bag controller/bags or looms but crucially the airbag controller software code was never transfered off the old unit to the new one - so the dash light is now most probably due to a lack of correct software coding

(when i asked the garage why they hadnt recoded the controller, i received a blank look and an appology that they had long since thrown the old unit away, honest perhaps but not helpfull)

Q - does anybody in the hampshire/surrey/east sussex area have a PRO version of VAG COM and be willing to help ?,

x-checking back to the ross-tech website the PRO version will not only communicate with the new airbag controller unit but will also suggest a new 5 digit software code

many thanks in advance

Puzzlefish

hats off to ross-tech by the way , VAG-COM is an excellent bit of software

WJP
05-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Hi Puzzlefish - I’m on this 11 yr old thread as you came up on a search for Vagcom owners in Surrey! I’m looking to do a scan on my LT35, got a funny boosting issue and have tried everything I can think of to remedy it - was wondering if you were still around and would be up for doing a little scan in exchange for a beer?