PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Climate control change!?

Paul_daly
08-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. Im wondering if you can help me. I want to change my climate control on my Mk5 Golf to the digital climate control version found on many of the GT and GTi models. Does anyone know if it is a simple swap of the control units or does the digital climate control module require extra work to install it?
Thanks guys :confused:

johnny4
29-12-2007, 05:50 PM
if anyone has the answer to pauls id be greatfull ive a golf mk5 with every extra

but only thing ive got missing is digital climate it has normal climate but the lad i got it of had everything else fitted leather/heated seats /cruise;) from new but forgot to get digital:biglaugh:

johnny

mjom89
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello there, just wondering if you managed to find any answers to this? I'd be very interested in doing this too if you know anything?

Matthew

RickT
26-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi,

just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one.

Cheers

Rick

daniel408
27-07-2008, 01:33 PM
i can't belive that i might be giving some advice here. i was going to do the same mod myself but VW told me that it is alot of work in the dash. i did see a thread on here somewhere, i'll see if i can find it.

daniel408
27-07-2008, 01:42 PM
i can't belive that i might be giving some advice here. i was going to do the same mod myself but VW told me that it is alot of work in the dash. i did see a thread on here somewhere, i'll see if i can find it.

Found a third party link, not sure if i'm alowed to do this but

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/95994/668161.aspx

It basically says "loads of time, loads of work, loads of money" sorry

RickT
31-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Cheers for the above..

Does anyone else have any advice on this one?

Cheers

Rick

descb600f
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I think you'd be cheaper and a LOT eaiser to buy the GT model equivalent.

RickT
01-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I think you'd be cheaper and a LOT eaiser to buy the GT model equivalent.

Well thats not really an answer...

I am wanting to know what is involved by doing this..

Cheers

Rick

descb600f
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Not totally sure but im sure it involves fitting sensors around the car as it sends the cooling to different parts of the car as required.
I would expect a wiring loom as well as lots of behind the dash work.
Oh and a new brain for the air con.
And a very big wallet for that lot.
What model do you have?

RickT
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Not totally sure but im sure it involves fitting sensors around the car as it sends the cooling to different parts of the car as required.
I would expect a wiring loom as well as lots of behind the dash work.
Oh and a new brain for the air con.
And a very big wallet for that lot.
What model do you have?

Its just an SE with the climatic.. I am going to have to look into it further..

I was hoping as the car all ready has climate in a sense it may not be too hard...

This will be my task for the next week or 2..

Cheers

Rick

elPaulio
04-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Rick,

I tried to find out if the connections were simiar but couldn't get a good enough look at the connector on the computer to see.
Certainly the physical swapping of the unit would be possible, the only difference being the number of screws used to hold it in.
Guess the best way to find out would be to get one from a scrappie and try fitting it!!

Unless you can find someone that has tried it I think it'll be guesses all round mate, sorry!

Paul :biglaugh:

P.S. My guess would be that it would work ;)

doobs
10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I guess I am lucky as my recently acquired 04 plate 1.6 SE has the 2zone climate control - I am trying to get used to it though as still not sure how to get the a/c on! - one of the many buttons I have is "econ" - when "econ" is lit, the a/c is off I believe and when the "econ" button is not lit, the a/c is on - I hope that is right ?

elPaulio
11-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Got it in one buddy!!

If you hit the Auto button and light on the econ button goes out you've got yourself some air con on the go!

Paul :biglaugh: