PDA

View Full Version : Q5 Newbie Here

PajeroGolf
25-07-2019, 02:05 PM
Hi All

I finally got around to buying a Q5 Sl Line+ on a 2015 plate. 2.0 TDI. I have a few questions

1. I was expecting heated seats to be fitted as standard but they dont appear to be provided. The seats are half leather and half Alcantara. Could it be that they are not needed with this combo?

2. No electrically folding mirrors either. Again did expect that in an S Line+. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they can be configured to fold on engine switch off though the VAG diagnostic software. But I presume the motors would be required, unless they are fitted in all vehicles and just the switch is missing. Can they be folded manually ?

3. There is a circular object in the basement of the boot which i initially thought was a space saver wheel but isnt. Any ideas what it is?

More questions as they come up.
Thanx in advance.
Paj

MFGF
25-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Hi All

I finally got around to buying a Q5 Sl Line+ on a 2015 plate. 2.0 TDI. I have a few questions

1. I was expecting heated seats to be fitted as standard but they dont appear to be provided. The seats are half leather and half Alcantara. Could it be that they are not needed with this combo?

2. No electrically folding mirrors either. Again did expect that in an S Line+. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they can be configured to fold on engine switch off though the VAG diagnostic software. But I presume the motors would be required, unless they are fitted in all vehicles and just the switch is missing. Can they be folded manually ?

3. There is a circular object in the basement of the boot which i initially thought was a space saver wheel but isnt. Any ideas what it is?

More questions as they come up.
Thanx in advance.
Paj

Hi,

I found a 2015 Q5 brochure online at http://audi.ge/files/q5-sq5.pdf

Looks like the leather/alcantara seats were a zero cost option for your car, but heated seats are not standard on any model - they were a £300 option across the range.

Door mirrors were electrically adjustable and heated, but not folding - across the whole range. Electrically folding mirrors were a £190 option. If your car doesn't have this option, you won't have the motors or wiring installed, and you may need new door modules if you want to do a retrofit. You can manually fold them by pushing them in.

I don't know what the object in your boot is. Could it be an underfloor storage tray? I'll have a look in our Q5 when my wife gets home tonight to see if ours has anything similar (although it's a 2019 and it's a US Prestige spec car, so not the same)

Cheers!

MF.

MFGF
25-07-2019, 05:31 PM
I did a bit of searching online. Is this what you mean in the boot?

https://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/131/8509/23260775/notrad-subwoofer-2-3980537370310068744.jpg

If so, it's a space-saver spare wheel. I think it is deflated and there should be a compressor stored in a cubby in the left hand side of the boot to allow you to inflate it?

MF.

PajeroGolf
26-07-2019, 11:49 AM
I did a bit of searching online. Is this what you mean in the boot?

https://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/131/8509/23260775/notrad-subwoofer-2-3980537370310068744.jpg

If so, it's a space-saver spare wheel. I think it is deflated and there should be a compressor stored in a cubby in the left hand side of the boot to allow you to inflate it?

MF.

That does look similar but i need to confirm when I get home. The salesman at the garage (non Audi) said specifically that it wasnt a spare wheel. He said it was some sort of unit which I could remove if necessary. He couldnt tell me what it was for. He also said that most newish cars dont come with a spare any more and showed me the tyre repair kit (compressor and spray) that was in the secret storage area (left side of the boot).

PajeroGolf
27-07-2019, 04:55 PM

As you can see from the photos it's not the same thing. The sticker says Bassbox Q5. So must be something to do with the sound system. I would rather it was a spare tyre.

PajeroGolf
17-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Hi all
Is my Q5 2015 compatible with Android Auto ?
I don't seem to be able to locate a USB port for connection?

MFGF
19-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Hi all
Is my Q5 2015 compatible with Android Auto ?
I don't seem to be able to locate a USB port for connection?

Pretty sure the answer is no. Android Auto and Apple Carplay were not added as options for the Q5 until much later.

Cheers!

MF.

PajeroGolf
21-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Ok MF That explains it.

So There I was using the on board navigation and the fuel light came on. So it asked me if I wanted to go to nearest petrol station. When I said yes it displayed a list of petrol stations. The first one on the list was knocked down and converted to flats around 15 years ago. How can this system be so out of date? How to update it?

MFGF
21-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Ok MF That explains it.

So There I was using the on board navigation and the fuel light came on. So it asked me if I wanted to go to nearest petrol station. When I said yes it displayed a list of petrol stations. The first one on the list was knocked down and converted to flats around 15 years ago. How can this system be so out of date? How to update it?

It can be done, but it's not an inexpensive thing. The official and safe way is to get your Audi dealer to update the maps for you. They load the maps from an SD card, and activate them via a connection to the online server in Germany. I think they charge somewhere around 250 pounds for this. I think there are also unofficial updates available online, but I'd look into these very carefully before you try - worst case you can brick your 5F multimedia unit, and that's a couple of thousand to replace.

Cheers!

MF.

PajeroGolf
01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Hi again all
Just discovered that the Q5 has a WLAN hotspot which I can connect to with my phone. However I can't figure out how to connect to the internet. My car does not have a SIM cars slot so can it use my phone's internet connection? Or is there another way to connect. The kids thought that the wlan was sick until they realised that it doesn't give them access to the internet.

MFGF
03-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Hi again all
Just discovered that the Q5 has a WLAN hotspot which I can connect to with my phone. However I can't figure out how to connect to the internet. My car does not have a SIM cars slot so can it use my phone's internet connection? Or is there another way to connect. The kids thought that the wlan was sick until they realised that it doesn't give them access to the internet.

Hi,

The answer depends on whether your car has the (optional) "9ZW Mobile Telephone Preparation High with Audi Connect" option installed. If it does, there should be a sim card reader in the glovebox where you can insert a sim card, or alternatively if you have a phone that supports an rSAP (Remote Sim Access Profile) bluetooth connection, your phone can act as the online data source.

If you can find the build sticker in the spare wheel well or inside the cover of the service book, you can look on there to see the installed options.

Cheers!

MF.

PajeroGolf
23-01-2020, 02:37 PM
Hi,

The answer depends on whether your car has the (optional) "9ZW Mobile Telephone Preparation High with Audi Connect" option installed. If it does, there should be a sim card reader in the glovebox where you can insert a sim card, or alternatively if you have a phone that supports an rSAP (Remote Sim Access Profile) bluetooth connection, your phone can act as the online data source.

If you can find the build sticker in the spare wheel well or inside the cover of the service book, you can look on there to see the installed options.

Cheers!

MF.

Hi
I finally got around to taking a photo of the sticker. It has been attached.
Thanx

MFGF
23-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Hi
I finally got around to taking a photo of the sticker. It has been attached.
Thanx

Hi,

You can use the igorweb site to decode the options. The URL is http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

For detailed instructions on how to enter the codes, see http://igorweb.org/decoder/howto.html

Cheers!

MF.