PDA

View Full Version : hello from mary_lah

mary_lah
08-11-2007, 01:53 AM
hi there. i'm mary and found this forum quite by chance whilst on my mission to find a second hand windscreen for my mk2 golf after some little bugger decided to smash it aa couple of weeks ago.
Looks like a handy place to be.
off to have a good scoot around the site.
x

MalcQV
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Welcome :biggthump

lockout
08-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Mary, I'm new here too; for a windscreen it may be hard to find a secondhand one in good condition. Modern bonded screens are difficult to remove without damage around edges. Have you tried windscreen companies and asked for a "non insurance price" - it may surprise you, I got a new screen fitted to my son's Vectra for less than £90! By the time you've got a used one and had it fitted you may not save much! Happy motoring!

edwinspeller
08-11-2007, 02:41 PM
i know know were's a new one email me and ill send u the link as i cant get it to work!!

mary_lah
08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Mary, I'm new here too; for a windscreen it may be hard to find a secondhand one in good condition. Modern bonded screens are difficult to remove without damage around edges. Have you tried windscreen companies and asked for a "non insurance price" - it may surprise you, I got a new screen fitted to my son's Vectra for less than £90! By the time you've got a used one and had it fitted you may not save much! Happy motoring!

its not bonded, its old style rubber.

i know know were's a new one email me and ill send u the link as i cant get it to work!!

cant email you as my post count is too low :confused:.
can you pm me please

RickT
08-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!

Rick