PDA

View Full Version : Adblue Refill Message

johnsimcox
22-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Car has done 5100 miles. Started it yesterday morning and got the Adblue refill message saying I needed to add at least 6l of Adblue next time I refueled as I had 900 miles of Adblue left. Ordered 10l from Amazon, but since that one off message I have had no further warnings on starting the car since and according to MyAudi I have more than 1491 miles of Adblue remaining. Based on the experience with my C7 Ultra I would expect to get about 7k miles before adding any Adblue and would of that more as the Adblue tank on the C8 is larger. Wondering if anyone else has had any odd Adblue refill messages.

tdw197
22-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Seems a bit quick, perhaps the dealer didn't fill it up?

I still have over 1,500 miles left having done over 7,500 miles.

johnsimcox
22-07-2019, 10:51 AM
The MyAudi App says I have more than 1500 miles so I am thinking it was just a rogue message. Don't think the dealers fill them up prior to delivery assume they are filled at the factory as the car needs the Adblue, even to be driven off the production line, but not sure if they are actually filled to maximum capacity or they just chuck 10l in.

tdw197
22-07-2019, 10:58 AM
This is my third ad-blue car from Audi, but I have no recollection of how long I ran on the first Ad-blue for either of the others!

Can see is being a bug in software, it certainly seems very buggy.

PaulDiabolo
25-07-2019, 10:05 PM
My 40TDI has done 17000 miles now and so far I’ve had to top mine up 3 times. 10 litres each time.

WaterBoy1928
16-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Car has done 5100 miles. Started it yesterday morning and got the Adblue refill message saying I needed to add at least 6l of Adblue next time I refueled as I had 900 miles of Adblue left. Ordered 10l from Amazon, but since that one off message I have had no further warnings on starting the car since and according to MyAudi I have more than 1491 miles of Adblue remaining. Based on the experience with my C7 Ultra I would expect to get about 7k miles before adding any Adblue and would of that more as the Adblue tank on the C8 is larger. Wondering if anyone else has had any odd Adblue refill messages.

Mine starting warning around 9k to fill up with a specific amount (6.5L) or the engine would not start. I filled up with 10 L travelled 3k then the warning reoccurred requesting I fill up with 4.5L. I travelled 2.5k then the engine management light appeared saying I had 650m till engine shut down. Audi Forums suggested I fill till overfill to dislodge the float/sensor which I did with 15L. Engine management light stayed on. Just got it back from Audi after having AdBlu tank replaced as sensor became detached (know/common issue apparently). By the way the AdBlu tank is 22.5L not 17L as quoted in manual. Hope this helps?

johnsimcox
17-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Mine starting warning around 9k to fill up with a specific amount (6.5L) or the engine would not start. I filled up with 10 L travelled 3k then the warning reoccurred requesting I fill up with 4.5L. I travelled 2.5k then the engine management light appeared saying I had 650m till engine shut down. Audi Forums suggested I fill till overfill to dislodge the float/sensor which I did with 15L. Engine management light stayed on. Just got it back from Audi after having AdBlu tank replaced as sensor became detached (know/common issue apparently). By the way the AdBlu tank is 22.5L not 17L as quoted in manual. Hope this helps?
Now nearly at 10k miles and so far not been prompted to add any adblue after the previous erroneous message. No doubt I'll now get the prompt when I drive home tonight :o