PDA

View Full Version : Is this Full Vag Com? Is it Illegal??

chrisvrscrx
08-11-2007, 12:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAG-COM-USB-KKL-409-1-lead-with-software-UK-SELLER_W0QQitemZ150179796371QQihZ005QQcategoryZ309 21QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As in the title is this a copy of the software?

RickT
08-11-2007, 01:17 AM
no.. it will be an illlegal copy or just the free shareware version.

Rick

seralph
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
It is the lead you need to connect your car to laptop and the free shareware version of vagcom which you can download from ross tech anyway.

You can then update to full version for $99

Dollso
22-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Or you can just have a look around torrent sites for cracked full versions of it and save yourself £100's... Also remember these leads only work with version 409.1 and older, so won't work with the newer versions of VAG-COM... but I highly recommend getting one; but pay no more than £15 including P&P, the software is easy to find online...

Does it bother you that much that it's not a legit copy?.. I haven't lost any sleep lol

Sam
22-11-2007, 04:53 PM
So you're happy to rip off the person who spent sleepless nights developing a piece of software and then selling it a price that the average home use can afford?

An attitude like that is not welcome on this forum.

Dollso
22-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I am yes.. get over yourself :D

It's not like I'm a mechanic or someone who is going to benefit financially from this.. and no, like most people who turn to forums for "free" advice and answers I cannot afford to spend the £200+ Ross-Tec charge for their software and cables, (which I will probably only use a few times) to repair a car I paid £150 for!!

To be honest I would buy the proper Ross-Tec equipment if I had a modern VW or Audi; but I don't I have a 1995 VW Golf 1.8 Driver with 146K miles on the clock, and I need that £200+ to keep the wee Golf on the road and from ending up in the scrap yard.

And a team of developers created the software.. not one person sitting up all night on their laptop, not getting any sleep at night.. and I'm sure they all got paid handsomely for their troubles too...

"An attitude like that is not welcome on this forum." - Where do you think you get off? my Attitude is to help others like myself who can't afforded to go and get ripped off by a dealer or mechanic etc.. to fix there cars by themselves.. Is that not the idea behind a free forum? you need to get some.. really..

seventh-heaven
22-11-2007, 07:48 PM
The Ross Tech kit is very reasonably priced even for home users - and as such I also do not support illegal versions or leads.

Used twice and it has paid for it self.

Sam
23-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I am yes.. get over yourself :D

It's not like I'm a mechanic or someone who is going to benefit financially from this.. and no, like most people who turn to forums for "free" advice and answers I cannot afford to spend the £200+ Ross-Tec charge for their software and cables, (which I will probably only use a few times) to repair a car I paid £150 for!!

To be honest I would buy the proper Ross-Tec equipment if I had a modern VW or Audi; but I don't I have a 1995 VW Golf 1.8 Driver with 146K miles on the clock, and I need that £200+ to keep the wee Golf on the road and from ending up in the scrap yard.

And a team of developers created the software.. not one person sitting up all night on their laptop, not getting any sleep at night.. and I'm sure they all got paid handsomely for their troubles too...

"An attitude like that is not welcome on this forum." - Where do you think you get off? my Attitude is to help others like myself who can't afforded to go and get ripped off by a dealer or mechanic etc.. to fix there cars by themselves.. Is that not the idea behind a free forum? you need to get some.. really..

Get over myself?

What you do is your business. What you tell other forum members to do is our (the forum) business.

Team of developers? You know Ross-Tech then I presume?

I need to get some what?

ade1964
25-11-2007, 10:14 AM
My morals must be low too, can I get a copy?
I only want the doors to lock at 10mph, don't want to pay £200+

stuart
25-11-2007, 10:44 AM
As a site, we do not promote, allow the promotion, or allow the site to be used to point members to any form of pirate software.. if you want to continue the conversation regarding this issue.... find another site to do it on!

If you want to use this software, or any other for that matter then either use the limited use "shareware" edition OR buy a LEGAL full version of it.