PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Avant 1.9 Water Leak Passenger Side Footwell

Water Boy
07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Need some help with a water leak. I recently noticed the front passenger mat was being dripped upon from somewhere under the glovebox. Had a quick look and the water is dripping from a whats best described as a circular bit of foam. lots of help online with the battery tray being a potential source of the problem - I have checked this and it is bone dry.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks

Water Boy

mcgowan.b
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
That was my thoughts too, the drains under the battery being blocked.

Is the windscreen sealant faulty perhaps?.

Do you have a sunroof? Could be drain holes there blocked either, and water could be running down the wiring loom to the dashboard

Water Boy
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
The drip has appered to stop at last - don't appear to be losing any coolant. I will check and see if the windscreen seal is duff. Forgot to mention when I operate the water for rear wash wipe, it sounds the business but no water!!! Any thoughts oh great ones?

:confused:

mcgowan.b
13-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Could be a blocked water pipe, as it doesn't sound like the pump is faulty.
Whip off the pipe at the wiper and check does water come out there, and that would rule out a blocked jet, as this caused me grief with my last car. Ffailing that, I would whip off the pipe just out of the pump, and if your getting some water pumping out, then its a blocked pipe.

After that, all thats left is the filter in the reservoir, and the pump going faulty. hope this helps