PDA

View Full Version : Locking Problem

C5LDY
02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
One of rear doors of my A4 doesn't lock - does anyone else suffer from this problem or have any advice what I can do before taking it to a garage?

stuart
02-09-2006, 05:11 PM
What year is the A4? I belive that some VAG central locking systems use a pump which uses air/vacuum to operate. If there is a leak in the pipe it will cause problems. Also, some use locking solenoids which are part of the lock mechanism, these can go faulty.

Stuart

C5LDY
02-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Stuart - its a 2001 / 51 plate. Is it expensive to repair?.... Does it have to be repaired by Audi?

stuart
02-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi

You could try taking the interior door trim off, and having a look at the door loch mechanism... if there is a pipe going to it, it would be air/vacuum operated. This pipe may have come loose, or fractured, possibly between the door and the door post (constant bending when door opens and closes).

If you do not feel confident in doing this, any reputable garage or independant Audi specilist should be able to help.

Stuart

MCCLATCHIE
20-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi
I had the same problem with both of you rear locks,they work using electrical switches one fires to lock and one to unlock.
What I done was to remove the inner door panels write down the part numbers and then checked out Ebay got one from there and the other I found athrough a online breakers. Both around £50 each.
When they were changed all was back to normal I have had problems with the whole system due to water getting in under the carpet if I was to design a car
the last place for any electrics would be under a foamed back carpet.
As my car is a 51 plate there are are now lots more spares out there.
Mine took about 6 mouths to do myself saved around £500
Audi "started" at £560.

RickT
21-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Rick