PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Finish My AUDI 80 TDI SE 1996

Robert Ravenscroft
02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
HELP PLEASE,
I bought my first audi 80 tdi se estate a couple of years ago and it was superb, best car i have ever owned, however my sister wanted one so as i used to be a mechanic i let her have mine and i bought a none runner,
It is a 1996 audi 80 tdi se auto estate, 122000 miles and in nice nick, however it had been driven down the motorway for some distance with a split coolant pipe so was totally cooked, i located a matching fly by wire replacement engine from salvage and had only covered 89000 miles. took me ages to get it in due to a timing problem when replacing timing belt before fitting, but sorted that in the end,
Another problem i had was that the replacement engine had the injection pump wiring plug cut off so i had to join the old plug to it, there are about 8 wires in total and all black ?? but with the aid of a multi meter i was able to check all and draw a diagram before proceeding, so thats all done now.
Still won't run ?????????
The only way the pump will inject fuel is if you have the top of the pump cover off and hold the electronic throttle open manually ????
HELP
i have just aquired a new job and need it running asap. Believe me, i am no muppet and 100% tip top with mechanics but i think this is more electronic so i'll admit i have not got a clue and its doing my head in, i could sell it but i don't want to give up on the old girl
Cheers Rob