PDA

View Full Version : My Bug is just not running any ideas.

Mamba
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi, I have a searched the net to see if I can fix this problem but no joy. I have a 72 Beetle with a 1600, single solex Twinport bus Engine with H30 /31PCIT Crab, in. I had a problem where it would not start after running fine, I thought it was the battery so I changed it this seamed to solve the problem. A week later the beetle would turn over but not fire, I checked the points and there was gunk in there holding it open so I bought a 009 Dis with Electronic ignition and new Coil, so all the electrics are new.

after fitting them I have checked the spark it all good, but the engine will turn but still not fire I have tried loads of setting with the Distributor but still no joy, great spark but no fire. I have checked the plugs 1 and 2 are soaked in fuel but 3 and 4 are bone dry. I have open the rocker cover to 3 and 4 and there was a some fuel sitting in the rocker cover. Has anyone any Ideas.

Many thanks Mamba

Col
07-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Sounds like the carb is not atomising the fuel. This would explain why two bores are wet, two are dry.

I know nothing about these carbs but would consider it to be the prime suspect.

kenney
07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Check your engine ,see if you have too much oil,if so,it is petrol,you then need to check the carb to see if it is overflowing,And you will have to change the oil,if there is petrol in this it will damage the bearings